New and need some supporters

Options
Hello! My name is Michelle and I am a 28 year old single mom/accountant studying for my CPA. I have been so busy with life that I have stopped working out and am not too happy about where my body is now. I need some support and help to get back to where I was!

Replies

• laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm studying for the CPA exam too! It's so freaking hard. I've also been slacking on working out.
  • terra415
    terra415 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In the past year of being on MFP, I have had great results. I finished up my Master's and passed two CPA exams on the first go, a 40lbs. weight loss, and didn't too badly neglect my children and fulltime job. It IS a hard thing. But one thing I have noted, both a good workout, nutrition and study habits need to form. You cannot CANNOT (absolutely MUST not) take on too much. Slow and steady, keep going. Setbacks happen in EVERY area. Learn, grow and move. Do. Not. Stop. Enjoy. It is weird. Slowly add in new habits. Yes you may want to get in 20 hours a week in studying, and workout 4 times a week, but keep those as goals. A little each day and form the habits. By piling on at the start every few weeks will burn you out.

Find support (not that you aren't doing that by posting this :) ). That is the second. The nice thing about going for a CPA when working in the field is your colleagues will be some of your biggest supporters and give the best advice. They have similar workloads and some have the same family situations. Keep good tabs with them. And yes, every now and then, I have to browse youtube for inspirational videos to keep up motivation when I'm running low.

But then again, this is coming from a woman who is not (yet) a CPA. I am still working on that. I haven't hit my weight goal yet, and honestly feel there are many other areas pulling my focus every 5 minutes. But hey, you are hitting on a major adventure. The tests to attain that license shows everyone not how smart you are, but how diligent you are. Don't stop, just keep going. You are taking on something few would even TRY to do. Remember that. Walk around with that study material with pride! Smile and know you got this!
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel your pain. I'm 26 and a full time student, full time health care worker. I'm studying to be a nurse which is a full time job in itself. I'll add you, I log in constantly and track daily. Good luck!
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Life is so hectic sometimes that we just lose ourselves! I wouldn't mind some additional support. I recently lost about 10 lbs and trying to lose about another 30-35. Add me as a friend if you'd like! :)
  • ChataJaz
    ChataJaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Janett, Im 30 yrs old and have a soon to be 5 yr old daughter. I have been wanting to lose weight for about 5 years now but never get around to it , I either stop going to the gym or get discouraged and quit e.t.c.. Im hoping this time its different since I am not getting any younger and want to set a good example for my daughter she sees me struggle when nothing fits, e.t.c. this is not the way I want her to see her mami. I want her to learn to be happy , healthy, fit and have lots of confidence. Send me a request if youd like I only have one friend on here, my good friend Maria Zunich. =)