The Easiest Smoothie Recipe

Options
Recently all I've been seeing are crazy complicated smoothie recipes, with a million ingredients and no produce that I'm likely to have on hand. In light of this, I wanted to share my favorite, easy way to make smoothies.

1 banana, fresh or frozen
1 container of 100 calorie greek yogurt (I like chobani vanilla)
1-2 servings of frozen fruit (Use one or two types of fruit to mix it up! I always have bags of frozen strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, ect. in the freezer )

If using fresh banana, I add 4-5 cubes of ice. If the banana was frozen, you may need to add a small amount of water to thin the consistency.

I especially like this recipe because you can leave it very thick and eat it with a spoon like frozen yogurt, or thin it out with a small amount of water for a traditional smoothie texture. Either way, it is seriously delicious and so freaking easy to throw together in about 2 seconds in the morning.

My smoothies usually come out at around 300-350 calories, which is right on track where I try to eat for breakfast.

I hope you give this a try and love it as much as I do!

Replies

• renee6515
    renee6515 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I bought several bags of frz fruit and got a smoothy recipe book and hated the book, everything had too many ingredients. So I got online and found some easier recipes but Im glad you said vanilla yogurt b/c some recipes Ive seen say "original" yogurt and I had no clue what that meant since I dont eat yogurt. I thought it meant no flavor like fruit, etc added but every yogurt i seen in store had some type of flavor! I will be trying your simple recipe this weekend so again-thanks!! Cant wait!
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I make those kind of smoothies all the time with frozen fruit too. The only difference is that I might add a little almond milk in instead of water or in addition to, just depending on if I want the extra or not.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I make my smoothie with PB2, Chia, 1 cup fruit, Almond Milk 30 calories it's yummy!
  • kathyjellychick
    kathyjellychick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have a recipe similar to this but we add 20 leaves of spinach. It's called Shrek Smoothie. It's yummy and the kids love it.
  • LessofBrian
    LessofBrian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy making smoothies and, for the most part, just mix and match. I like trying different combinations, seeing what goes well together and what doesn't. Here's what I whipped up yesterday morning:

2 cups raw spinach leaves
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1 scoop Food Science of Vermont Superior Reds
    1/8 cup whole almonds
    1 tbsp. chia seeds
    2 tbsp. ground flax
    1/2 cup frozen berries (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry)
    A dash or two of cinnamon (real cinnamon, not sugar cinnamon)
    16 oz. purified water

It may not look great but the taste is super and it keeps me full and satisfied.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen strawberries
    1 whole banana
    6 oz can pineapple juice
    BLEND
    yum!
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    what is chia please?
  • ahbooker
    ahbooker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    vanilla protein mix, 1 tsp on suagr free orange jello mix, 1tsp of sugar free cheese cake pudding, add water and ice, blend it together and it taste like an orange cream dream! This is my sons favorite, sometime I use strawberry intead of orange and its like strawberry chreesecake!
  • LessofBrian
    LessofBrian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    what is chia please?

Chia seeds. You can find them in most health food store and in some supermarkets. Lots of fiber and other nutrients. If you put them in liquid and stir a little, in a minute or two the water will thicken. On a hot day mix a spoonful of chia seeds in a glass of ice cold water, then stir and let it get good and thick. Add some lemon or other flavor and eat with a spoon.

Almost forgot to mention, you can also thicken some water with them and then spread over meatloaf, etc. before baking. They have no flavor but pack a lot of nutrients!