Beer or Wine?

Options
I'm going to a Bachelorette party this weekend so I know that indulging in a few too many alcoholic beverages is bound to happen. I'm trying to smart about what kind of alcohol I have... would beer or wine be better?

I'm torn between either Pinot Grigio with club soda, or a light beer (thinking Bud Lite Platinum).. thoughts?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine with club soda? Just drink beer.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink, you should just save room for the calories and drink things that taste good.

Light beer is an abomination as is drinking wine with club soda.

If you're drinking just to get drunk, I recommend shots. Otherwise, class it up a little.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I will always take Beer over wine. If your looking to save calories Hard stuff is better. Vodka and cranberry, Capt. Morgans and diet coke...stuff like that!!
  • westcoastgirl08
    Options
    I was just going to add the club soda to make more of a spritzer and make the bottle go little further.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

17 327 posts and this might be the first I agree with....
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer! :drinker:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Drinking light beer is a sin against Bacchus.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    They both sound completely disgusting as as such I don't think you should be allowed to drink alcohol. Your judgment while sober is clearly horrendous and I am reluctant to think about decisions you might make while inebriated.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

17 327 posts and this might be the first I agree with....

Oh. My advice above is probably wrong. Go for the watered down wine.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    They both sound completely disgusting as as such I don't think you should be allowed to drink alcohol. Your judgment while sober is clearly horrendous and I am reluctant to think about decisions you might make while inebriated.

Are you even old enough to drink alcohol yet?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever your heart desires. Its a bachelorette party! Just have fun and enjoy it.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink, you should just save room for the calories and drink things that taste good.

Agree with this. Hophead also has it right so my drinking is usually rum and diet. Or screw the calories, it's one night. Add some extra workouts the rest of the week and enjoy the party.
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do a shot of Cherry vodka with a diet coke (roughly 69 calories per drink). :)
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Sigmalongshot
    Options
    Depends significantly on the brands and such, but a general averages for your categories:

Beer, Cider and Lager, per 284ml/half pint
    Ale, strong 200
    Bitter, draught 92
    Bitter, low alcohol 37
    Brown Ale 80
    Cider, dry 105
    Cider, low alcohol 47
    Cider, sweet 120
    Cider, vintage 280
    Lager 85
    Lager, special Brew 200
    Pale Ale 90
    Stout, strong 100

Table Wines per 120ml glass
    Low Alcohol 35
    Red, dry 80
    Rose 83
    White, dry 77
    White, medium 87
    White, sparkling 87
    White, sweet 110
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Drink what ever you want, have fun. One night isn't going to make much difference.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I might be in the minority here but I would vote that you go to the bachelorette and not be the annoying one that doesn't want to eat or drink anything, it's a special occasion, don't log into MFP that day...problem solved!
  • frelibra23
    frelibra23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Red wine, or a Sauvignon Blanc would be good. Seltzer and Vodka with lime or lemon. Just drink lemon water before and after and obviously plain water!! And dance your butt off!! Have fun!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel and what I'm craving. I make sure to have enough calories either way. Sometimes I like to have Diet Coke and rum with a squeeze of lime (less than 100 depending on the pour).
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between either Pinot Grigio with club soda, ...

srsly? wtf?