Beer or Wine?

Options

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that recommended enjoying yourself and drinking what you want on that night (I'm also in agreement that light beers are not so good... would much rather a craft beer, especially an IPA, personally!). You can always cut back your calories a bit throughout the day (and surrounding days) and make sure to get some good workouts in to offset damage.

If you do want to stick with the low calorie drink idea, this may come in handy!
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    They both sound completely disgusting as as such I don't think you should be allowed to drink alcohol. Your judgment while sober is clearly horrendous and I am reluctant to think about decisions you might make while inebriated.

WTF is wrong with you
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For the lowest calorie option, go with hard liquor and club soda. The flavored vodkas are pretty much the same calories as plain vodka.

For a spritzer (which I enjoy), use diet sprite or seven up instead of club soda. It'll be tastier.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Both? It's a party, FFS.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    They both sound completely disgusting as as such I don't think you should be allowed to drink alcohol. Your judgment while sober is clearly horrendous and I am reluctant to think about decisions you might make while inebriated.

WTF is wrong with you

Cut her some slack dude, they can't control it during that time of the month...
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Vodka (plain or flavored), rum, or good gin with soda and a lime. Low calorie, not obnoxious, and will do the job. ;)
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Beer...........it saves calories because it fills you up and you don't have to eat. Just drink more :)
  • Bageridoft
    Options
    Even though it is light beer I would take that over wine, because wine tastes *kitten*. I would drink something stronger though...
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

WTF is wrong with you

Cut her some slack dude, they can't control it during that time of the month...

My hormones are raging!!
  • westcoastgirl08
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to those of you who actually provided me with some useful advice instead of judging my choice. MFP is supposed to be an encouraging place, so maybe the drink choices I provided aren't your personal favorite but you don't need to call me down for it. I've struggled my entire life with my weight and I'm finally on the right path, so excuse me for maybe being a little cautious and not wanting to see the scale creep back up again, even if it is only temporarily. It's a mental battle just as much as it is physical.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    ETA-- I just saw your reply above after I posted. Enjoy your celebration!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to those of you who actually provided me with some useful advice instead of judging my choice. MFP is supposed to be an encouraging place, so maybe the drink choices I provided aren't your personal favorite but you don't need to call me down for it. I've struggled my entire life with my weight and I'm finally on the right path, so excuse me for maybe being a little cautious and not wanting to see the scale creep back up again, even if it is only temporarily. It's a mental battle just as much as it is physical.

Hmm. I was never told that MFP was supposed to be encouraging about having poor taste in alcoholic drinks, but ok then!

You really shouldn't weigh yourself the day after you drink. It's a recipe for disaster. You probably shouldn't be weighing yourself daily anyway. I personally prefer never to weigh myself except for rare occasions and use pictures instead. Especially if you're having emotional issues with the scale, I would avoid it.

or at least do something like this:

Numbers-on-the-scale-image.jpg
  • westcoastgirl08
    Options

Hmm. I was never told that MFP was supposed to be encouraging about having poor taste in alcoholic drinks, but ok then!

You really shouldn't weigh yourself the day after you drink. It's a recipe for disaster. You probably shouldn't be weighing yourself daily anyway. I personally prefer never to weigh myself except for rare occasions and use pictures instead. Especially if you're having emotional issues with the scale, I would avoid it.

or at least do something like this:

Numbers-on-the-scale-image.jpg

I never said you had to encourage my "poor" choices in alcohol, just respect my personal decision about what I'm going to drink. Anyways, thanks for the advice about the scale :) I try to avoid it but just haven't got to that place yet.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    For me I find beer takes much longer to drink where as wine is just suddenly gone and someone is refilling my glass. So I would choose beer.

Another possibility is to mix a diet ginger ale or sprite with lighter beer and then you've made your own lo-cal shandy!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    In terms of calories, light beer is the answer, awful as it may taste.

Even smaller quantities of richer, sweeter wines, especially desert wines, can have A LOT of calories, owing to the higher sugar and alcohol contents. Fortified wines like Port, Sherry, and Marsala are especially calorie dense.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Beer and Wine have too much calories. Its best to drink scotch whisky that you can drink with water.
  • mich311e
    mich311e Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would choose a good craft beer because that's what I like. But here's something no one else recommended: alternate with water! For every beer you drink you should have a water after. Have a fun time!
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have to say while I admire your dedication cheat days are completely acceptable think of this as a lifestyle change not a diet as diets no one ever sticks to longterm whereas this read the successes on here this can change your life and if u intend to stick to kcals for the rest of ur life and never indulge fair play to u but its sounds kind of boring relax enjoy a good night out dont stress about the kcals you can get back on it once the hangover fades and will probably feel better for it
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that recommended enjoying yourself and drinking what you want on that night (I'm also in agreement that light beers are not so good... would much rather a craft beer, especially an IPA, personally!). You can always cut back your calories a bit throughout the day (and surrounding days) and make sure to get some good workouts in to offset damage.

If you do want to stick with the low calorie drink idea, this may come in handy!
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/
    Amen Sista!!! IPA's rule!!