Water Challenge

Options
I'm terrible at drinking water. I really stink, I carry around my jug all day and never seem to drink anything out of it. So for the last 3 days I have challenged myself to drink 1 gallon of water a day. I have successfully completed my water drinking and I am on day 4. Anyone wanting to keep each other motivated? I know I feel better already and hope to encourage anyone else that is struggling.
I have actually found it easier to carry around a 64 oz jug and fill it up a few times a day instead of the smaller ones. So Let the watering begin. Anyone with me?

Replies

• Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'll totally do this! I try to drink a gallon and usually am just under. I also have a 64oz water bottle. :)
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    i drink lots of water
    sip on it through out the day
    sometimes its iced with lemon wedges
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started out drinking regular bottles of water, 20 oz ones. But despite trying to keep track of how much I drank, I'd always lose count. Some days I'd get plenty of water, some days I would realize I'd only gotten a small amount in.

Then I went to a local discount store and got two cheap but nice BPA free bottles. One is 24oz, the other is 32oz.. I make sure I fill both bottles up before I sleep so they'll be ready for the next day. I make sure I finish at least 80-112oz or more worth a day. This doesn't count any water from foods, of course, and if I drink sparkling water or juice etc I still drink the full amount of regular water.

I've been doing this for the past...three weeks or perhaps a month. I've always, ever since my teenage years (I'm 27 now) had acne. I'd have constant breakouts, despite any skincare regimen or facial cleanser. The biggest thing I've noticed since I started drinking water regularly instead of confusing my body with one day having plenty of water and the next hardly any was that my skin has improved a lot. The elasticity is better, it's a lot smoother, and it's definitely clearer with only a few red spots attributed to hormones.

It's amazing what simply getting plenty of water can do for your health! You need plenty of water to flush toxins from your body.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day all week I didn't finish my water. I was busy and never grabbed my water jug after work. I hope to get back on it today. How is everyone else doing?
  • SSharif19
    Options
    Hiya I would love to have someone motivate me to
    drinking water I really hate drinking water - its so boring!!! I have tried putting lemon in it, fresh juice etc... I will do it for a day then give up! Am really desperate for support and motivation - I suffer from avne and its getting me down!
    Maybe we could support & motivate each other!
  • ccrd2015
    ccrd2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try cucumbers and mint leaves! Or apples and cinnamon sticks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    While drinking water is important, there's no need to try to force yourself to drink a gallon of water a day. Unless you're very athletic a sweating a ton, then drinking about 40% of your weight in ounces should be enough.
    For example if you weighed 130lbs, 52 ounces of water should be enough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png