Hi From Pittsbugh!

Options
Hi All! My name is Jen and I am from Canonsburg, PA =)
This is actually my second time using MFP.. as I used it successfully about 4 years go and dropped about 55 pounds. Well.. I had a child shortly after and have been struggling with losing the weight once again. 4 years ago I was successful using MFP and the food tracker along with Beachbody programs - mainly Insanity, Turbo Fire and P90X. I really enjoyed them which kept me focused. I am also into healthy eating habits and pasing that along to my child.. we try to eat as organic, all natural, Non GMO, and clean as we possible can. Another big help was the motivation of others in accountability groups here on MFP. I feel like doing things together and keeping each other on track makes a HUGE difference. Excited to get back into some groups and making some new fitness friends along the way. :smile:

Annnnd I just realized I spelled Pittsburgh wrong... *face palm*

Replies

• Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I just returned after about a 2 year hiatus myself. I lost 46 pounds when I used MFP before and was really active and then a 3rd shift job just kind of threw everything off. I am now just trying to get back on track with things. Luckily I only gained 10 pounds but it seems that they really don;t want to budge now that they have returned-lol. I always welcome new friends to help motivate and support one another. feel free to add me. :-)

P.S.- Not the healthiest of things but my husband an I just took a drive this past Sunday to Pittsburgh because I always wanted to try the famous Primanti Brothers. :noway: Ok, so NOW I'm almost back on track-lol
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from Cranberry and have recently re-engaged in MFP and dieting. I started working out at our YMCA late May and have lost 13 pounds more since adding exercise! Feel free to add me, I post daily!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry! I thought this thread was for people in Pittsburgh.

:flowerforyou:

I'm from Canada and even I know how to spell Plattsburgh!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    This place reeks of Steelers.
    2q2pli9.gif
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Originally from PittsbuRgh ... now living in San Antonio TX! Welcome back and good luck - I'm on here most every day (more hit-or-miss on weekends), so feel free to add me if you're looking for support and comments!
  • JenPKrew
    JenPKrew Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome back. I just returned after about a 2 year hiatus myself. I lost 46 pounds when I used MFP before and was really active and then a 3rd shift job just kind of threw everything off. I am now just trying to get back on track with things. Luckily I only gained 10 pounds but it seems that they really don;t want to budge now that they have returned-lol. I always welcome new friends to help motivate and support one another. feel free to add me. :-)

P.S.- Not the healthiest of things but my husband an I just took a drive this past Sunday to Pittsburgh because I always wanted to try the famous Primanti Brothers. :noway: Ok, so NOW I'm almost back on track-lol

OH Primantis will get you every time lol!!!

Thanks all!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    This place reeks of Steelers.
    2q2pli9.gif

NOBODY INVITED YOU, CLEVELAND!!!

Don't be so hard on her Brett. You'd be in a lousy mood too if you were

factory_zpsa26477dc.jpg
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkPO6_c_S9VsYKMkbjYrS_GmUYrP05iKNlMvcyDEk1wHIlPaqrsg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Pittsburgh acquired a section of Washington county.

:themoreyouknow:
  • JenPKrew
    Options
    I've lived a few different areas of Pittsburgh..I just currently live in Canonsburg now. But thanks for your comment! :yawn:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I've lived a few different areas of Pittsburgh..I just currently live in Canonsburg now. But thanks for your comment! :yawn:

Who peed in your Wheaties? Sally Wiggin?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Mayor Putin just annexed it. Next up is Cranberry.

0Xi2OKM.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

0Xi2OKM.gif

I heard Ravenstahl sold it to him for 50% control of Pants N'at
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

0Xi2OKM.gif

Bill Peduto will sell him the other 50% along with some Clark bars in exchange for the whereabouts of Edward Snowden.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

0Xi2OKM.gif

Bill Peduto will sell him the other 50% along with some Clark bars in exchange for the whereabouts of Edward Snowden.

Hey, you look pretty hawt, I have two tickets to Donnie Iris tomorrow night, you wanna go with me?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Options

0Xi2OKM.gif

Hey, you look pretty hawt, I have two tickets to Donnie Iris tomorrow night, you wanna go with me?

Only if the Clarks are opening. If not, we'll go up to Redbeards' on Mt. Washington... you know, a classy establishment.
  • JenPKrew
    Options
    haha no one..

It is just a shame that this place has pretty much gone down hill..used to be a great place to get information and give advice. Now every other post I read.. someone is bashing someone else for who they are or what they do. If you don't have any thing nice to say.. don't say anything at all.
    Everyone seems so snarky.. and rude.. and quick to make smart comments. I've also been messaged by a few people already telling me how horrible I am for using BB products. I mean really? Don't some of these people have better things to do? Don't you have families to spend time with? Friends to hang out with? Places to go? Nothing better to do but ridicule others?

I appreciate the nice posts that I have gotten and the nice messages. Nice to know there are still some supportive people. =)