impatience SUCKS

Options
Isn't it strange how a week of zero weight loss can change my mood! I've been so positive but went on scales today and haven't lost a thing. Gutted, especially as I've worked my butt off this week (or at least I thought I had)
I know I have to be patient, I know it's only a minor thing and I know I'm only two weeks in and at least it wasn't a gain but this is how easily I get deterred. I always thought that the first few weeks was when you loose the quickest....god help me as the weeks go on if this is the rate I'm loosing

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    Have you used a tape measure and actually measured your body yet? Sometimes it helps, when the scale doesn't move, to measure your body. Inches can still be going away, no matter what the weight does. And it can make you feel better to say "No, the scale didn't move, but I lost "x" inches!"
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! It could be as simple as you just happened to weigh in after a higher sodium day - a weigh in tomorrow could yeild totally different results! I was in the same boat this morning. I thought I had accomplished ALOT and thought I would hit a good number. Instead we both need to know that next time we'll benefit from whatever we didn't show this time. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • Lmak5
    Lmak5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hang in there! I'm just getting started and have been weighing myself everyday. The scale went up today and I'm so discouraged so I know how you feel but remember its a process - I am eating way better than I was before. If I keep up the hard work it will pay off (in health overall as well as on the scale). Be kind to yourself and I'm going to change to a weekly scale date for sure!
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    As you've been working out more you might have been building muscle which weighs more than fat so it may have evened itself out.
    Don't get discouraged and keep your head held high :)

xx
  • pinkprincessness
    pinkprincessness Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up!! Me and a co-worker started working out this week. She was down 8 pounds just from diet when we started and she gained 2 pounds. I find (and so does she) that we both gain when we start working out because our muscles are sore and are holding in water. Keep doing what you are doing and wait till next week. And like Carol said, you should also be measuring. I don't have much to lose and often inches is what I lose and not weight, but it will make you feel good to lose either, weight or inches.
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support. I haven't measured myself but I agree this is a good idea. I know it's a process and though I may not have lost I have been good to myself and my body this week so that has to count for something.
    Today is a new day, I am determined to get to the size and weight I desire so I'm just picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting anew.
    much love x