two times a day or once, which is best?

Options
I have been doing Zumba in the mornings and Insanity in the afternoons and was just wondering...

Does it really matter/make a difference if you workout two seperate times a day?
Would it be better to do one after the other (which is hard because I tried one day)?

Thanks

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your a crazy person! Two rounds a day! My opinion is splitting them up would be better. At least you'd have some rest!
    Good for youl
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first responder and just make sure you are getting sufficient fuel (calories). Exercising that much would require a lot of energy and you should be eating most of your extra calories burned through exercise to avoid losing lean muscle mass.
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    I usually incorporate serveral kinds of workouts in my day. I do brisk walks, an ab workout, jump rope, elliptical machine, and aerobics, but I mix them up daily. So personally I dont think there is anything wrong about mutlple workouts during the day as long as your body can handle it.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    How hard is Insanity? Ive been thinking about trying it, but I dont know if I could handle it.
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your a crazy person! Two rounds a day! My opinion is splitting them up would be better. At least you'd have some rest!
    Good for youl

Im not crazy, Im Insane! No really though its not that much, I only do 20 min Zumba class in the am and then which ever Insanity is on the calander. Thanks for the advice though (:
  • Amanda42657
    Options
    How hard is Insanity? Ive been thinking about trying it, but I dont know if I could handle it.

It is INSANE! I am very out of shape and overweight but I enjoy it. It is so satisfying when you finish it. Granted there are some things that I just cant do yet (or not as many as they do on the dvd) but when I need to I just jog in place until Im ready to go on. Some of the people working out on the dvd actually dont keep up or have to stop and take a water break so I dont feel like I am alone (with having to stop).
  • Michele0912
    Options
  • Michele0912
    Options
    Insanity is Insane! I love it! it's pretty hard work! and if like me you have to stop lots to rest.. hee hee :)
  • Amanda42657
    Options
    bump
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    As long as the cardio is done in periods of about 15 minutes each, the results are the same. For example, four 15 minute cardio sessions nets the same as 60 continuous minutes (assuming that the exercise is otherwise identical). I'm with the previous posters ... in that breaking it up does generally allow us to work at a higher intensity than if we do a longer period of cardio. And we all know that more intensity is better!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    splitting it is great, keeps you active through the day and you get some rest in between so you can give your all to both.
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I always split mine into as near 30 minute chunks as possible, as a carer its harder for me to devote an hour in a solid block...so thank you :smile: I will continue the way I have been knowing it will still work.