Hi *waves*

Options
Hello all,

Just thought I should pop in here and say hello, I am starting off hoping to lose about 40lbs, I'm a bit of a noob with MFP app so I'm still trying to get my head round it but I've lost 3lbs in my first week and I'm already feeling the difference from the changes in my diet. I have lots of questions so hopefully I can find some kind souls here to keep me on the right path! I am running as my main exercise, well...not sure I can call my stumbling along the road as running just yet but I'm trying! I also walk my dog twice a day so I've been recording both on various apps!

Looking forward to making some new friends and sharing our weightloss goals together so hi all!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    My name is Greg and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (332) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 105 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • 7Adrian
    7Adrian Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello
    I signed up today and also have 40lbs to loose.
    Good luck to you.

Adi
  • tvonkeman
    tvonkeman Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey! I am not as new as you here but I am also running as my main exercise as well :) Feel free to add me :)
  • IlithyaUK
    IlithyaUK Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Sure thing Greg, would be awesome to buddy up! I am pretty confused with all the nutrition things, how many carbs I should be eating or not eating etc so any help would be great!

I've just been cutting down a sun blocking branch from a Scots Pine tree in my parents garden, chopping and moving logs and sweeping and more carrying, absolutely shattered but great bonus exercise!

Good luck to everyone else who signed up today like me!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello *waves back*

I've been on here for a couple of months and still getting use to everything. Sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise! You can add me if you would like, not sure how much diet help I can be, but I can motivate you to lose 40lb!

-LUOY:flowerforyou:
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    Welcome! :happy:

I run too!...

........after the ice cream truck....:laugh:
  • IlithyaUK
    IlithyaUK Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome! :happy:

I run too!...

........after the ice cream truck....:laugh:

Haha! Maybe if we had a ice cream truck here I'd run faster to chase it!!!
  • sandyodeeee
    Options
    Hi hun, I've added you. I'm from Ireland, been on here 12 wks and have lost 26lbs. another 7 to go, been yoyoing most of my life so my main goal now is to maintain this weight loss. All the best on your journey x