Visalus 90 day Challenge

Options
Anyone tried this recently and succeed?? I Started it a few years back with the rest of my family. EVERYONE did great except me. I would like to start it again and succeed but Im having my doubts already.

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    How about a 90 day make small changes for a life time change challenge? It's probably cheaper, too

ETA: Here's a good read to get you started

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Complete waste of money and a sinking ship.

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I know for a fact it s not a complete waist of money or a sinking ship. My aunt drives a BMW now and my grandfather who has never been over weight but was diagnosed with diabetes about 5 years ago is now off all of his meds and is more active than ever. SO therefore I know there are benefits of Vi shakes I was only asking for comments from people who are currently using this product or have used it and what their results were. Thank you both for your replies though :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Well I know for a fact it s not a complete waist of money or a sinking ship. My aunt drives a BMW now and my grandfather who has never been over weight but was diagnosed with diabetes about 5 years ago is now off all of his meds and is more active than ever. SO therefore I know there are benefits of Vi shakes I was only asking for comments from people who are currently using this product or have used it and what their results were. Thank you both for your replies though :)

That's nice?

have fun waisting your money

Eta: there is nothing special about visalus. The vitamins and minerals in them can be found in fruits and vegetables, eating nutritionally dense food trumps supplements any day. On top of the fact, you're not learning anything from it about sustainability. You plan on wasting your money for eternity on this crap? By all means, go for it.

All that you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit.

For health, you balance your micro and macros.

Visalus is nothing but a nice way to lighten your wallet. But ya know, if you like doing that, go for it
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A little off topic, but has anyone else noticed how the hand symbol they use is also "the shocker"??!! That alone was enough to deter me from learning more about them.
  • jamieldisney
    Options
    I am on day 65 of my 90 day challenge with Vi Shakes and I am happy with it. I started on the 2 shakes daily and I have lost 22 pounds in the last 65 days. Of course that is with almost daily exercise too. The Visalus rep I spoke with stressed the importance of not only relying on diet, since the shakes are high in protein. I usually walk about 2 miles a day, since this is a starting point for me. I just use the vanilla shake powder and don't use any of the boosters or supplements they offer. I understand you cannot use this forever or as a replacement for natural vitamins and minerals in healthy foods. But using these shakes has helped me get to a place where I can begin integrating diet changes for long term goals.

I found a lot of recipes on Pinterest. I usually use skim or 1% milk. I really love chocolate peanut butter. It uses 1 tbsp Nesquick powder, 1 tbsp PB, ice, milk, and 2 Vi scoops. I also love frozen fruit shakes using any frozen fruit (which is cheaper than fresh), milk, ice, 1 Yoplait light yogurt, and 2 Vi scoops. On hot days I like to stick either of these in the freezer until it is slushy.

I like to make a shake for breakfast and then I make a second shake to take to work for lunch at the same time. I like using the Oster Personal Blender, because you blend the shake in the same bottle you drink from. I will bring my lunch shake to work and leave it in the freezer. Then about an hour before lunch I grab it out of the freezer to thaw. I love it. This is also handy if you have to travel and work or work through lunch. I do have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack too, to tide me over to supper.

I know there are lots of opinions and personal experiences concerning these types of protein shakes and meal replacements. But I think when you have weight to lose and are starting at the bottom of the mountain, you've got to do whatever you feel is best for you. Losing weight is a hard thing and everyone's personal struggles with it are different. With the things going on in my life at the moment, traditional weight loss strategies have not helped very much.Don't be defeated until you've tried it for yourself! :D
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I know there are lots of opinions and personal experiences concerning these types of protein shakes and meal replacements. But I think when you have weight to lose and are starting at the bottom of the mountain, you've got to do whatever you feel is best for you. Losing weight is a hard thing and everyone's personal struggles with it are different. Don't be defeated until you've tried it for yourself! :D

Right. I lost 53 lbs, you're right everyone's struggles are different but wouldn't it make sense to give yourself the best possible chance at long term success by learning sustainable habits outside of supplements?

The point is really that it's an expensive product that is unnecessary for weight loss. If you really like the taste or whatever. Go for it. Just understand there is nothing special about it.
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Don't get caught up in that scam. My mom tried and tried to get me involved. She lost no weight but she did lose money. AND when she started pushing that shake on everybody she know.....guess what? Nobody would call her back. It's a scam! Some people do make money but most don't.

Your grandfather could have achieved the same or even better results with better whole food choices.....Just learn how to eat a good whole food diet! Change your lifestyle! If you just drink crappy shakes
    >the weight will come back! Sometimes even more.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

so wait...

i'll lose weight AND get a beamer?
    (hopefully something nicer than a 3-series)
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to waste money, you could send it to me, and I can give you crappy, marked up groceries in exchange