Polar Heart Rate

Options
I'd like to get a heart rate watch that tells me my calorie burn. I can't spend a HUGE amount of money on one, but I wouldn't mind around 60-100. If anyone knows of any places that offer a good deal, or what brands are best, etc. please let me know!
Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is what everyone here would recommend. It's cheap, looks ok and it does the job.

I don't like them though, so I'm recommending the Suunto M5, you get a chest strap for real time HR, backlight etc. It even logs your workouts and sort of gives you a guide on what to do for each workout, but I don't use it.

Amazon is your best bet.
  • KimMc60
    KimMc60 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT4 was probably one of the best purchases I've ever made! I got it on Amazon in November for $60, which is $40 less than in store. I'm not sure if it's still that cheap but you'll probably be able to find it online for a cheaper price. :)
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar H7 along with the polar beat software on my phone, works great and also works along with with Polar Loop activity band which records all my daily activity (steps, rest, sleep and calories). The HRM is very accurate, I recently got a stress test done on my heart at the hospital which involved me running on a treadmill while strapped up to multiple sensors, the heart readings they were getting were matching mine on the Polar.
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    I got a Polar FT7 from Amazon for $75 and really like it so far. One of the reasons I chose it over the FT4 is that is stores 99 training files. I like to look back at my data over time. :)
  • dnmoehring
    dnmoehring Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll look into all of those. I really appreciate the help! I want to make absolute sure that I'm accurate in my calories burned.
  • pnut80
    pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im recommending the Polar FT4 as well. I just got mine yesterday and used it today during my workout. It also comes with chest strap and just enough bells and whistles to get you the info you need concerning calorie burn. I almost wish I wouldve bought the Loop just for MFP syncing, but that was a little more than Im going to spend. the FT4 does the job and though ive only used it once i love it! oh and mine was about $95 at best buy!
  • dnmoehring
    dnmoehring Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ended up going with the Polar FT7! It was only a few dollars difference than the FT4, so I just went with that one.
    I do have a question though!!
    Do I always have to wear the Polar chest strap to make the watch work?? Just curious.
  • pnut80
    pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    in order to record your heart rate and get readings yes. i wish it could work without it though..it can be a little uncomfortable especially when you are doing boot camp style workouts.