Looking for a recipe!

Options
Hey guys wondering if anyone has a recipe similar to tim hortons hearty vegetable soup? Thanks!

Replies

• PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've never had Tim Horton's soup so don't know' if I've a receipe similar or not :-(
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Describe it and tell us what you like about it. There might be something similar.
  • candyastra
    candyastra Posts: 42
    Options
    corn, zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, maybe just a hearty vegetable soup in general lol
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Chop onions, carrots and celery very small and fry it in your oil of choice, or "dry fry" with a bit of water.

Add spices, you can be creative here. What do you like? ... Mustard seeds, basil, oregano, cumin and curry powder with grated ginger, or another spice I like is herbs de province.

Add veg broth or chicken broth, a can of crushed tomatoes, or water and the vegetables.
    If the soup needs a grain, add quinoa, lentils, barley, rice, and/or spaghetti pieces. Not a lot and optional.
    Boil and Simmer.

Add salt and pepper to taste, and any fresh herbs you may like.

Yummy! The secret I think is the first three ingredients.

For a creamy veg soup I don't use canned tomatoes and I either make a roux with flour and butter and milk, or I add a potato and milk and blend half the veggies. For a vegan creamy soup you can make a paste with any nut butter (I usually use Tamari, but even peanut butter works) and add about half way through.

I also like coconut milk, peanut butter, hot pepper flakes, and red lentils with green leafy veggies, but then we're completely not tasting like Timmies. Be brave!:)
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a quick fix, the Amy's brand vegetable soup is killer! Its canned, so sodium and what not, but its delish.
  • candyastra
    candyastra Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll just throw all my veggies together and see what I can come up with lol
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'll just throw all my veggies together and see what I can come up with lol

Let us know how it goes!:)