I said NO and meant NO!!!

Options
Okay so today my boyfriend wanted me to come eat lunch with him at work today. He wanted Long John Silvers. So instead of using all the excuses I used to use for why I'm going to eat there too...Instead I found myself saying excuses why not to eat there...Like my lunchmeat I bought for the week will go bad if I don't eat todays lunch with it...etc...so proud of myself that I was able to say no and not even regret it...

When he came home last night and asked me to bring him LJS I was automatically thinking NO NO NO NO I'm not eating there....I'm going to lose this weight this time...so I calm myself down and was like just take you a sandwich!!!! YAY me!!!!

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    good for you. I never eat there, only once and I was surprised everything is fried.Ykes
  • devildog525
    Options
    My wife throws a fit because I refuse to eat fast food.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm so over fast food! I can tell just from not eating it for a week how different and better I feel!
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you like Long John's they have a new grilled menu. I had the grilled pacific salmon, it was pretty good. Might be nice for a treat every now and then.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Great job not giving in. Sometimes old habits are hard to break. Keep up the good work and discipline. The results will be worth it!
  • amsenny
    Options
    Fast food is soooo bad for you. Some of the resturants are adding healthy choices. That is good.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If he loves you he will understand and stand on your side. Don't let him get the best of you. I know it does make this process harder when you do it alone. Hopefully he will get on the boat with you and things get easier. Good Luck. Stand your ground!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    that's great! it's such a good feeling isn't it! my husband eats out all the time and orders pizza and i've not gave in! my friends are always wanting me to eat candy with them (even though they claim they are trying to 'lose weight' too...i just think they want me to gain honestly) and i've not given in to them either! it's soooo hard but yes it feels great to say no. it's a big accomplishment.
  • devildog525
    Options
    Every fast food place has like one or two item for under 300 calories, Just stay away from it so you arent tempted.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Aww thank yall all of commenting...I'm glad I stayed away....And I don't care if he joins me....he don't need to lose no weight in my book! I'm the one thats gottta lol!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm with Tincher, there's nothing wrong with eating at LJS now that they have the freshside grille menu. The salmon, rice and veggies is 350 calories and the size of the salmon is a good size and I find it very filling and satisfying. That's what I get when my husband wants to go there. And sometimes I mention LJS because I'm craving salmon!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!

My husband loves that place and he has to say no as well.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have found myself making excuses to take the kids there (especially on the nights when we have sport or after school activities). My mindset lately has been organization. If I think of a few really quick meals I can pull together that taste awesome but don't take long, I can avoid the temptation AND the cost of fast food. Trust me, prepping a few things isn't difficult and your wallet will thank you (not to mention your health)! Keep up the good work.
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    LJS has some good choices such as grilled salmon and tilapia. Like lilchino4af mentioned, their Freshside Grille Smart Choice Salmon is only 280 calories, tilapia at 250 and shrimp scampi at 330 cals. (according to the website's nutrition pdf).

I think every relationship should be a give and take. So next time, maybe gently nudge him and say, "No problem hon but next time, it will be my call and I'd like to go to ____(your healthier fare here such as Panera or Panera-like place)____".

Good luck!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Options
    Yall all have great tips thanks....its hard bc I'm such a picky eater that I just say no!!!!
  • GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My husband did the same thing last night. He bought Krispy Kreme doughnuts - covered in chocolate!!

I didn't eat one bite!! Yay!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!