New mothers

Hi! I'm due to have a baby in September but would like to start getting back into shape and loosing the weight soon after birth. If there is anyone in the same boat, or anyone that wants to support a future new mum add me!

I'm from the uk and 30 years old. This time it's going to be my last weight loss journey ever. I'm getting there and staying there. For me, for my husband and for my baby.

Replies

• feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Adding, I'm due December 20th. Christmas baby :) First one
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Will add you - I'm UK based and due in December as well. Will be a little bit behind you but hopefully we can support each other through the whole thing!
  • Michelle_Padgett13
    Michelle_Padgett13 Posts: 417 Member
    You've got a while before you need to worry about weight loss. :smile:

My advice (even though you didn't ask--haha) is to get used to logging your foods now. Get a food scale and weigh everything. Learn what portion sizes and calorie counts are for all your favorite foods. Don't restrict yet! That baby needs nourishment! Just get used to doing the data entry part, and by the time baby gets here, you'll already be a pro. At that point, all you'll have to do is knock off enough calories to put you in a deficit.

Also, lurk around in the forums. Use the search function to find information on topics you're interested in or worried about. There are a lot of helpful people here who have been very successful using this site for weight loss. Check the stats of the people who give advice -- have they been on this site for years? Have a lot of forum posts? Lost a ton of weight? These are the folks to listen to when you need advice.

Good luck and congratulations on your impending new arrival! :drinker:
  • rhubarb_cakes
    rhubarb_cakes Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for the advice and thanks for the adds. Looking forward to what is going to be my last journey. One that will make my husband and baby proud if me.