Im new to this might need help

Options
Hi there my name is brad Im from ohio. I am 5'11 im 288lbs but i want to get down to 190lbs im a stay at home father im 35 and ever since i was ran over it has been hard for me to work out so im bound to get this fat off me and lead a healthier life! i am looking for friends here to keep me going if you want plz add me thanx!

Replies

• GroovyLilHipster
    Options
    Brad I know what it's like to have physical limitations that keep you from looking and feeling your best. How long has it been since you had your accident? Are you able to work out at all now?
  • emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Brad, I'm new here too. I might not be able to help but I can be supportive!!! I quit smoking for good (no cheats) in January. I figured since I wasn't going to smoke anymore I might as well get healthy!! This is not an easy road but if we do it one step at a time, nothing is impossible!!!

Congrats on the good decisions you have already made :flowerforyou:
  • BradD1979
    BradD1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i dont work my wife does im a stay at home daddy that wants to better myself and thank you for that emkelsall!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    My name is Greg and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (332) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 105 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?