buying new workout shoes - how important is fitting?

Options
dawnr2
dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
I'm heading into town tomorrow to buy a new pair of trainers and wondered what opinions were on being properly fitted for them. There are shops like sports direct where I know I'll get shoes at a good price but there is also a sports shop that offers a gait analysis and fitting service. I know this is deemed to be important for runners but I don't run at all. My exercise routine consists of cardio classes such as metafit, spin, body pump and circuit training. Any opinions would be most welcome

Replies

• Neous
    Neous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what are the benefits of having some fitted shoes, can't just be running right, do you have flat feet, would it help with your cardio
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    There are shops like sports direct where I know I'll get shoes at a good price but there is also a sports shop that offers a gait analysis and fitting service.

If you don't run, there is no point in having shoes that suit your running gait... A gait analysis looks at how you run and identifies which type of shoe you need for running; Motion control/ support, neutral or cushioned.

Running shoes wouldn't really be appropriate for the classes you mention.

fwiw the Karrimor range at Sports Direct is pretty reasonable, and well priced.
  • dawnr2
    dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks
    Ive realised that the question I've asked isn't really what I want to know so I'll start anew thread. Really what I want to know is where to get most suitable shoes for my activity.