Veggies for breakfast

Options
mom2aeris
mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
Hi everyone. I feel like I am getting to a point where I need to mix up my breakfast and hopefully get those pounds to start moving again on that scale. So how do you get in your serving of veggies for breakfast? I'm not looking for shake ideas, those never make me feel like I've actually eaten anything.

Replies

• dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs with a side of vegetables. My favorite is artichoke hearts, but I also do asparagus, green beans, or whatever veggie is handy. Throw in another side of fruit like strawberries and blueberries.... Yum!!!
    I'm not real big on veggies in my eggs, which is why I have them on the side. However, I do like scrambled eggs with canned tomatoes and a little cheese mixed in.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/16/yotam-ottolenghi-shakshuka-recipe

I don't use the saffron (too expensive!) and have harrissa (middle eastern chilli and spice smush - it's very nice, I buy one with rose in a lot), yogurt and pitta bread on the side. It's a faff to make, but a good Sunday morning meal.

ETA: I use much less olive oil than is listed in this recipe. I roast them in the oven with much less oil, or use fry light at the start.

Baked mushrooms make a good breakfast with bread too, as do spinach or asparagus with poached eggs.