Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

buying new workout shoes - how important is fitting?

dawnr2
dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
I'm heading into town tomorrow to buy a new pair of trainers and wondered what opinions were on being properly fitted for them. There are shops like sports direct where I know I'll get shoes at a good price but there is also a sports shop that offers a gait analysis and fitting service. I know this is deemed to be important for runners but I don't run at all. My exercise routine consists of cardio classes such as metafit, spin, body pump and circuit training. Any opinions would be most welcome

Replies

• Neous
    Neous Posts: 12 Member
    what are the benefits of having some fitted shoes, can't just be running right, do you have flat feet, would it help with your cardio
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    There are shops like sports direct where I know I'll get shoes at a good price but there is also a sports shop that offers a gait analysis and fitting service.

If you don't run, there is no point in having shoes that suit your running gait... A gait analysis looks at how you run and identifies which type of shoe you need for running; Motion control/ support, neutral or cushioned.

Running shoes wouldn't really be appropriate for the classes you mention.

fwiw the Karrimor range at Sports Direct is pretty reasonable, and well priced.
  • dawnr2
    dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks folks
    Ive realised that the question I've asked isn't really what I want to know so I'll start anew thread. Really what I want to know is where to get most suitable shoes for my activity.