Must-Have Kitchen Tools

princessmikayla5
princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
I've been looking into air poppers for popcorn, and I started thinking about what else would be good to own. What is everyone's favorite kitchen tool? Blenders, woks, George Foreman? What aids you most in your weight loss journey?

Replies

• scales that weigh down to 1g - and steamers
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Garlic press from Pampered Chef jumps to mind.
  • I have an immersion blender and love it. You can make soups, salsa, smoothies, and dressings quickly and easily
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    I LOVE my George Forman grill!! Makes the best chicken breast ever! and vegetables and hamburgers too!!! :wink:
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    +1 on the scale. I love being able to weigh my food so I can be more accurate with my Calorie counts. A water cooler that dispenses cold drinking water is a plus for me too. (But I live in an area where the tap water is not drinkable, so this may not be as important in all locations.)
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    I have to third the scale, second the immersion blender, and although I haven't used it in a while-my George Foreman grill is fabulous. Anything to help you stay away from fast food is the best. My oven for roasting vegetables and my frying pan for making skillet meals and cooking eggs are what I use the most, though!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    I have a digital food scale that not only measures calories but also carbs, fats, protein etc.
    I bought myself a Vitamix before Christmas for my protein shakes and green smoothies.
    I got rid of the microwave and now own a toaster oven which I love.
    I use a Brita for my water (I don't have room for a water cooler but that would be awesome)
    and I love my egg slicer.

Second the frying pan. I use that the most, too.
  • Deemom8
    Deemom8 Posts: 21
    A good non-stick pan so you don't have to use much oil when frying or sauteing..............and a good knife to cut up all those yummy veggies
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    my Henckels, Microplane, and plain ole citrus juicer :heart:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Garlic press from Pampered Chef jumps to mind.

That is exactly what I was going to post! :smile:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Microwave steamer. :happy:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    A good digital scale is a must. Mine can be zeroed out so you can put a bowl on the scale zero it out and then add the food. So helpful! That would be a must have for weight loss. For cooking, I would say a blender, or food processor are great tools.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    air popper for sure!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    I agree with everyone who said scale. I bake a lot and so I already had a scale for when I made complicated breads, its been helpful for weighing meat because I had no clue how much 4 oz of meat was.

obviously measuring cups

I have a ladle that is one cup, its perfect for dishing out soup or pasta sauce
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Nicer dicer. Chops up fruit and veggies brilliantly
This discussion has been closed.