I knew it was too god to be true

Options
I made it for 20 days.. I've lost 12 pounds... I didn't over eat at all and I managed my portions and I exercised regularly and them blew it today. I over ate a lot. I didn't exercise I feel horrible. Please tell me I'm not the only one who falls off sometimes.

Too GOOD Imean

Replies

• debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Nope, not alone.......EVERYONE has bad days! This is only 1 day out of 365.....so pick yourself up, dust yourself off and pick up where you left off. No harm, no foul!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    You're not! I do it all the time.
    You just learn from your mistakes. Remember how you are feeling now.
    It was only for one day. As long as you go back to the norm tomorrow!
    :)
    Don't frown, smile, you'll feel happier:)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happens. Just like falling down...get up, dust yourself off and get moving forward again. Do a little extra cardio to ease your conscience and forget abt it. 12 pounds in 20 days is KILLER! Occasionally having a cheat day or cheat meal is a good way to satiate your cravings as you transition into healthier choices. Good job telling on yourself like this also.
  • mrsdoody
    Options
    Omg! Don't be too hard on yourself!!

I too BLEW it today, doing no excercise and felt like a fat slug all day, but I am rewarding myself to one free (within reason) day per week, I cant believe that doing no excercise has made me feel so slow and sad.

So, i'm going to use this awful feeling to wake up and hit it at the gym tomorrow!!!

Please do the same :) you will be fine and have come so far, dont let one bad day undo your fantastic determination!

Great work! Keep it up

xxxxxx
  • yepratt
    yepratt Posts: 26
    Options
    girlfriend! please don't beat yourself for indulging one day. it's called being human. hay as a reward plan one day a month to just do you. you might find because you can eat what ever you want, you may not want to ( or maybe you will) but the point is you deserve it. but the next few days afterwards, just add 15 extra minutes to you work out.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Turn that frown upside down!
    I try and avoid days like these by setting myself a treat day every two weeks, where I can eat what I like and do nothing. It's a good way of giving your metabolism a boost too.
    Chin up, phase two begins.
    xx
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LOL No not at all. If dieting was so easy we wouldn't have to have this sight and there wouldn't be so many diet plans out there.
    I myself have a blow off day every once or twice a month. I just get back to it the day after. It won't set you back if you have one bad day. The thing is DON'T GET ON THE SCALE the next day. Just get back on track and after a few days. Then get on the scale.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've overeaten the past two days. I managed to exercise thank goodness but I don't think it's enough. Here's hoping we both get back on track! I think it is completely normal to have off days (or two). You are not alone.
  • ShellzLo
    Options
    OOh my goodness honey I fell off earlier this week. I work night shift and it's so hard to become an emotional eater and I wasn't hungry I just would want something to eat. Then I justified it with eating banana's which are high in sugar and carbs, I'd eat yoguart. Then one night i said forget it and i ate a marie Callendar pot pie. that was 1040 calories and 1600mg of sodium. So no your not the only one who falls off. Just get back on track you can do it.... take care and just try one day at a time. :wink:
  • okgirly
    okgirly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gosh girl! You are not alone at all! Best of luck to you. You are doing awesome!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    You are definately not on your own.

Best thing is tommorrow is a new day.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    no you are not alone. Every one has those days, we just need to dust ourselves off, get up and keep going. We can do this! We just need to remember that this is not only a diet it's also a life style change.
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Alone - ah never with that one ....
    I blew the last two days not feeling well in the morning to exercise (rotten excuse but true) and then just grabbing and going on the
    run with a funeral...sometimes life gets in the way and that's just the way it is.
  • cjengel
    cjengel Posts: 21
    Options
    These things happen to the best of us. I lasted thirteen days before crashing and burning... :P

Just make it up in the next week, cut back on sweets, or carbs (my binge of choice), whatever, so your WEEKLY average comes out balanced. Or, you could just do some extra exercise.

and remember, no one's perfect. as long you aren't thinking "ah, tomorrow's a new day", EVERY day, and you only let yourself go occasionally, your body can totally handle that.

rock on! You're doing fantastic. =)
  • Divalici0us
    Options
    I have bad days too. I just get back on track the next day. :smile:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone! I have a horrible eating day at least every two weeks, and usually one day a week. I just try to let it go, exercise more the following days, and eat well for the majority of the time.