Ladies only Please

Options
So, the main reason I've been putting off losing weight is mainly because... Well its embarrassing, to me at least. I've always been the bigger girl with the small chest. My friend is noted telling me after helping me with my swimsuit that i and i quote "have little boobs."

So I'm very self-conscious about it. Anyways, I'm just curious. About how much should I be aware I may lose from that region?

And my face is very red now...

Replies

• denee05
    denee05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how opposite our views are on this subject, lol. My biggest reason for not losing weight and for putting more weight is because my boobs are simply too huge for my body, and I've always been embarrassed of them. Even at a size 10, and at 12 years old, I was a DD pushing towards a DDD. At 23, I still wear baggy clothes, and I guess I feel comfortable being bigger because I guess it makes people think they're big just because I'm fat, and not some type of Dolly Parton clone.

But my mom was also big and had big boobs. When she lost about 80 pounds, most of it was from her boobs. I think she went down two cup sizes. So now I'm motivated to want to lose weight so I can hopefully lose all of my boobs, lol.

And my face is basically an apple right now as well.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    no clue :(
    i have huge boobs and every time i lost in the past (i lost 50 lbs twice before) my boobs got bigger with lose. i am hoping and praying that this time if i lose everything i need they will shrink too. if not my present for reaching my goals and keeping it of for a year will have to be a boob reduction.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, even if they do shrink, they will be nice and perky, haha. I myself have very small breasts, especially for being bigger. My cup is probably an A but because of all my fat spill-over sides(YOU KNOW what I'm talking about! haha), I have to wear a B with a bigger band, lol. First of all, having lost the weight I have lost so far, my breasts actually look larger than they did, because my waist has gone down and the fat from right underneath my breasts. If you use weights/resistance to tone up, your breasts will look nice. And at the end of the day, if you get down to your goal weight and get fit, why not reward yourself with a boob job? hahaha! :)
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't be embarrassed about asking these questions. As far i am aware you can't guess what you will lose from any part of the body, your body will just lose weight from where it likes. There is no spot reduction when it comes to weight loss. I want to lose weight from my tummy and upper arms but i know i will also loss some from my boobs. I wouldn't worry too much about it that's what gel filled push up bras are for!!:happy:

J xx
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    One you should be happy with what you were blessed with..and it's kind of a blessing in disguise..like when running they stay, how do I say..they stay put. haha.

But to answer your question..for me I gained 50 pounds over a course of 2 years and my bra size went up two sizes...So I'm thinking that when I lose 50 pounds that they will go back down two sizes.. THAT is my theory at least.

Hope I helped. :D
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different. I have huge boobs, and they have only fluctuated half a cup size or so in my 50 lbs. of weight gains and losses over the years. I was a very full D at 110 lbs., and am a DD at 160 now. If you are worried about them melting away, maybe you should throw some chest exercises into your routine. Get on the butterfly press at the gym, or do all kinds of push-ups at home (regular, wide arm, close hand). Build up those pectoral muscles underneath the breasts to give them some natural size and lift.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im wih Kelsey on this one.... smaller waist, boobs look bigger!~!~!>... And Its funny you bring this up because I was worried about the same thing... so I asked my husband what he thought cuz when I got bigger, so did my boobs... and I "secretly" enjoyed the extra weight up there!~! So I asked my husband what he thought about me "sweating off" my boobs... he very nicely explained that for men, well most men, they find the "ratio" most appealing. So if you loose your waist, your bum and your "girls" will be better proportioned to your body.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!

When I was 20 pounds heavier I was a B/C (small back though so still really small), and now I am probably an A.

In proportion, my body looks similar to what it did, so yes they will get smaller as you lose weight, but they shouldn't look smaller in comparison to your body.

Hope this helps a bit, there are plenty of push up bras for what you have left after the weight loss!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, even if they do shrink, they will be nice and perky, haha. I myself have very small breasts, especially for being bigger. My cup is probably an A but because of all my fat spill-over sides(YOU KNOW what I'm talking about! haha), I have to wear a B with a bigger band, lol. First of all, having lost the weight I have lost so far, my breasts actually look larger than they did, because my waist has gone down and the fat from right underneath my breasts. If you use weights/resistance to tone up, your breasts will look nice. And at the end of the day, if you get down to your goal weight and get fit, why not reward yourself with a boob job? hahaha! :)

Haha I totally agree!! Lose the weight- then worry about what your boobs look like! Once you're satisfied with the way your body looks then deffs reward yourself :) but trust me having boobs isnt great! I have to wear clothes a size bigger because my boobs dont fit into alot of clothes....
  • leahs_faith
    Options
    I actually had the nerve to ask my Doctor (who's a lady btw) about this and she told me this: "That where no two people will ever loose their weight in the same areas, MOST people who are heavier and have smaller chests (like me, I am a small C almost a B) tend to loose more of their actual body weight, and not their chest weight. More people with a full C or more tend to loose about 1/2 to a full cup size or more though, becuase their bodies actually stored extra fat there plus everywhere else too". So most likely, those of us with the smaller breasts won't loose hardly any at all if we even do to begin with. Also, when our bodies are smaller, our breasts will appear generally 1 cup size bigger to the naked eye than what they actually are due to being more body proportionate. I hope this helps! :)
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I was happy to gain a little extra up top, although I'm still an A cup. Still, I think the biggest thing is overall body shape. Sure, it would be nice to have bigger boobs, but which is better -- having bigger boobs and being large all around, or being skinny and having smaller boobs? Personally, I think being skinny is better. And as others have pointed out, you can do exercises to help with definition. :) And losing weight around your breasts will help define them, too.

Good luck!
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Again I have very different views, I was initially blessed with a size B but over the past 4 years with my enormous weight gain they have grown to a G- H size. I really want them to shrink, they are far too big, can never find clothes that fit properly and hurt like crazy most of the time. I am paranoid they will get even bigger when I eventully have babies.

Like you say when your waist shrinks your boobs look bigger too so i am really paranoid and worried about what my body shape will look like in the future. Does anyone know of any specific exercises to help tone and burn fat from this area?
  • _SpeshK_
    Options
    Any chest exercises are helpful, I.E. chest fly, chest press, push-ups, etc. But of course your waist will be a general decrease from cardio and strength-training. I think once you start losing weight you will realize that your body is going to look GOOD toned!
  • _SpeshK_
    Options
    Any chest exercises are helpful, I.E. chest fly, chest press, push-ups, etc. But of course your waist will be a general decrease from cardio and strength-training. I think once you start losing weight you will realize that your body is going to look GOOD toned!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Lose the weight, and see how you look before worrying too much. Small boobs on a small body are good. And there are tons of push-up, underwired, gel type bras around for smaller chested ladies. I reckon you will be pleasantly surprised

By the way, I think your friend's comment was a bit out of order, did she realise how hurtful it is to make personal remarks like that/
  • vandy29
    vandy29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39 pounds so far and have lost 5 inches everywhere....I thought at first it was just my boobs...but after measuring I found out I have lost consistantly over my body
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the proportions of fat and mammary tissue that makes up your breasts. If its more fat to begin with, you'll likely loose more weight from your breasts; if they are primarily mammary tissue, you won't loose so much.

Its really a toss-up. As a pear shape, after loosing weight, you might just be a smaller rear, or you might loose more off your bottom half, and while still being a pear shape, maybe be a more proportional pear. No way to tell ahead of time really. You have to be willing to loose weight for yourself and your health, and if you loose boobage, well, maybe later you can change that if you can't live with that...
  • onehicchic
    Options
    Mine were small until I had kids and gained weight. Last time I lost weight, they stayed the same size. I think everyone has different body types and people will lose in areas that others do not.