can a picnic be healthy?

Options
maryjay52
maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
I have my family coming over today.. I am trying an experiment with them and serving all healthy choices ..i hope its recieved well . trying to start a new tradition with picnics .. we always have every fattening thing imaginable at these events .

having a make your own wrap bar .. whole grain wraps , chicken strips, tuna salad and shaved ham with varied veggies and hard cheddar cheese & feta cheese

fruit - watermelon,blue berries ,strawberries and bananas

tortillina greek salad with homemade balsamic/olive oil based dressing

southwestern salsa and roasted red bell pepper hummus with whole grain tortilla chips

bought sugarless peach tea , plenty of water bottles for beverages ... no soda and no alcoholic beverages for once ..

i guess we will see how well received it is

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had one last week. I made a salad with potatoes, shredded chicken, tomatoes, broccoli slaw, and some Greek yogurt and mustard for dressing. It was filling, healthy, and pretty low calories.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and i picnic at the beach every week. Wraps, salad, and fresh fruit are plenty filling and leave room for me to have a hard cider. It sounds like you have a healthy and yummy spread!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    it turned out great and everyone was happy with the eats ..everyone ate it like it was their last supper and all had positive things to say