Experiences of the 30 day shred? Results?

Options
I just don't seem to have the endurance or motivation to really push myself on the 30 day shred. I'm currently on day 4 of level 1 and need to take short (as in between 5-10 second) breaks occasionally. I was just wondering what was your experience of the 30 day shred, what were your results like and how hard did you push yourself while you were on it? Thanks!

Replies

• julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    im doing 30 day shred but cos i take 2 days off at weekends as h2b stays i call it 60 day shred so get better results im on day 17 of level 1 i never sweat so much in 27 mins of doing it gasp for water but do feel good after it
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do it with 8 lb. weights, every other day (since I follow the shred with 30 minutes on the treadmill and alternate the shred days with either the elliptical or treadmill).

I just finished the first week (4 workouts done), so we'll see. After four weeks I should see a change, and after eight weeks, changes should be really obvious.

So, we'll see. LOL.
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I push myself. I'm always sweating my butt off and I don't take any pauses or breaks.
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of level 2 today - finished about 10 minutes ago, and I'm sitting on the sofa sweating like a stuck pig. I feel like I might be in a sauna from how much I sweat doing this. I absolutely have to take breaks, and I'm okay with this. I know that I am very much a beginner; I know that I have asthma; I know I have a weak knee. I take a few 5-10 second breaks, I drink water and slow down the moves somewhat, and today I even paused the video a few times to breathe and to figure out what on EARTH the skater move was supposed to be. I am doing 20 minutes or so on the elliptical several times a week to add a bit more cardio, to make up a little from taking breaks during the shred.

I don't think I am losing value or cheating - trust me, my heart rate is still way up and get getting a workout. If it means my results are slightly less dramatic, so be it. I'm still definitely seeing a change - I am able to go MUCH longer without stopping then I was at the beginning of level 1. I haven't lost any weight yet (the scale acutally says I'm up two pounds, which makes no sense and is somewhat disappointing), but I lost almost an inch from my hips in level 1. I call that success :)
  • Lan3ycak3s
    Options
    Hi I also feel like I'm lacking something from the 30 day shred. Three pounds down and that's from adding challenges to me exercise. I am on day 4 of l2. Maybe I have to move on to something else
  • sparks154
    sparks154 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies girls and glad you all seem to be getting a lot out of the 30DS!! I've actually stopping doing it now and have started the couch 2 5K combined with some strength training and I'm not a lot more motivated since it's something I enjoy doing, especially because it gets me out in the open air. Lan3ycak3s if you feel as though the 30DS is not for you, don't feel as though you have to stick it out, there are a million other weighs to keep fit and lose weight doing something you enjoy a lot more! Though it sounds like you're doing well down 3lbs so far!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I did the shred in October 2012. I was about 200 pounds when I did it. I did it 4x per week and mixed it up with Leslie Sanson walk at home DVDs. It definitely increased my level of fitness and set me up for greater things. I then went back to the gym and started lifting and working out there. I felt like my endurance was better after doing the Shred. I think it's a great stepping stone to get back in shape. I am now a powerlifter and competitive Crossfitter and have totally changed my body composition. I would have never done any of those things had I not had the tenacity to finish the Shred. Finish it to show yourself you can finish something. If you don't finish the Shred, what will you finish?
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Hi I also feel like I'm lacking something from the 30 day shred. Three pounds down and that's from adding challenges to me exercise. I am on day 4 of l2. Maybe I have to move on to something else

Exercise is for improved well-being, strength, endurance, cardiovascular health, flexibility, etc. Your weight loss primarily comes through your nutrition.
  • princessbessica
    princessbessica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred and love it - the first two or three days I found quite tough (with 0.5kg weights), but I quickly improved my stamina. I've had to take 5 seconds out a few times but try not to.
    After a while I got a feel for how long there is left for each section which helps me push through the discomfort. I was doing the modified moves initially, but I'm up to the full moves on most of the exercises now (and 2kg weights).

After about 15 days I've just moved up to level 2 (I probably should have moved up earlier, but I got comfortable at this level). I'm finding level 2 harder, but I suppose that's the point!

I've lost 24 lbs in 7 weeks - but I am in deficit as well - so I'm using diet for weightloss, and exercise for toning /shape, plus an extra bit of weight loss.

As an aside - I've just discovered biggest loser on Sky TV, so I have that on in the background while doing my exercise - it seems to really motivate me