Question about losing SAFELY

Options
What's good guys I have a pretty simple question for anyone with more fitness experience than I have. I'm currently 6' and 167 lbs (dropped 2 lbs this week) I still have a minor layer of thin flabby fat covering my abs and a bit on my chest. My goal is to shed all of that but I'm worried about becoming underweight and anorexic. I also lift on a regular basis so it's not like I'm not trying to build muscle but it's a major pain in the *kitten* to figure out how to diet and shed off that final layer of fat and yet prevent yourself from getting too underweight. Please help. Btw it really doesn't even matter but I'm 20 years old. I've been told age is a big factor when it comes to how easy it is to lose weight but I'm just gonna go on record right here and say that's a load of f*#%$ $#%!

Replies

• Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    At your height and weight you are nowhere near being underweight... you're right in the middle of a healthy BMI range. So if you feel like you'd look better a few pounds lighter, it won't do any harm. However! If you just want a better body composition (less fat, more muscle) try eating at maintenance and lifting heavy. Theoretically you will build muscle and lose fat while staying the same weight. Others on the forum can tell you more than I can.

Good luck!
  • Tylerx94
    Tylerx94 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks man that does help a lot now that I know it's not underweight.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating a good amount of calories you shouldn't be worried about being underweight or "anorexic" looking. For your height/weight somewhere around 1800-2200 calories is probably best (with starting higher around 2200 to figure out your metabolism) with a 50/30/20 protein/carb/fat ratio for shredding fat. Also you can lose weight while lifting. Muscle will help you burn fat so it's important to lift weights even if you are overweight. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be glad to help.
  • Tylerx94
    Tylerx94 Posts: 3
    Options
    It does help a lot thank you