Could this amount burned be correct?

Options
I just got a MIO heart rate monitor watch that also uses your heart rate to calculate calories burned and more. Well, I just did 28 minutes of EA Active sports (the 9 week fitness program... one of the training sessions) and it said I burned a whopping 458 calories!!! Could that possibly be correct??? The game said I burned 149 calories (but they don't count your calories burned between switching stations because it is loading). I don't know which one to trust.

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I follow my HRM because it's on my body and it tracks my heart rate obviously. The more intensely you play the higher your heart rate is and then you burn more calories.
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What was your HR according to the monitor? because if you were working at 80%-90% of your MHR it could be possible
  • ninawilliams83
    Options
    Very sorry i can't answer yor question but i was wondering how good do you find the EA sports active i was thinking about buying one would you recommend it after using it?
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    did you put your age and weight into your HRM
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Very sorry i can't answer yor question but i was wondering how good do you find the EA sports active i was thinking about buying one would you recommend it after using it?

I do recommend it. I am doing the 9 week fitness program on the game where a virtual trainer guides you through different workout moves. I am on level easy because I tried to do medium and I was not ready for it. There are I think 3 phases to the workout program and I am still in Phase 1 Week 2. By Phase 2 I might bump it up to medium hardness depending on how I am doing. The heart rate monitor they give you to wear is pretty much correct compared to my heart rate watch but the calories burned was WAY off if the heart rate monitor was correct.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options
    did you put your age and weight into your HRM

Yes I did. I put both.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I find that MFP overestimates calories (like soooo bad). I would go with the EA calories (I do!). I'm also doing the 9 week challenge.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options
    I find that MFP overestimates calories (like soooo bad). I would go with the EA calories (I do!). I'm also doing the 9 week challenge.

But I'm not talking about MFP. It was my actual heart rate watch that said that I burned way more than EA Sports