30 day shred Jillian Michaels!

Options
Hi Guys!! I've reached my first success, on the 4th of april i weighed 13stone and 5 pounds and i weighed myself on the 4th oh july and i am now 12 stone and 5 pounds. 1 stone lost!. However I have now gotten bored of the slim in 6 so i'm choosing to do 30 day shred by jillian michaels. Has anyone else had success with this workout regime please reply. Want to know if it does what is says Thanks!

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started the program last week, but I am too busy right now to be committed. However, the three days that I did do, I was amazed at how rigorous it is. I do 10 classes a week at my gym; about half and half strength training and cardio. And I was so sorre from working 30DS with only three pound weights I couldn't believe it.

Good luck!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!! I've reached my first success, on the 4th of april i weighed 13stone and 5 pounds and i weighed myself on the 4th oh july and i am now 12 stone and 5 pounds. 1 stone lost!. However I have now gotten bored of the slim in 6 so i'm choosing to do 30 day shred by jillian michaels. Has anyone else had success with this workout regime please reply. Want to know if it does what is says Thanks!

Honestly as long as you are counting your calories and hitting your goal anything else is just something else to do to keep yourself entertained enough to stick with it. In that case, sure why not...anything will work.

I'm not sure what it "says" or what you are trying to get out of it but if it has you moving more than you would normally move then you will be better off for it.
  • TheyCallMeShy
    TheyCallMeShy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    it says to lose 20 pounds in 30 days. i only want to lose 10 pounds in the 30 days to reach my final goal which is 11 stone and 9 pounds. I was just wondering with this workout regime will it work I just completed my first day AND IT WAS HARD AS HELL!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Loved it - didn't lose 20 lbs (didn't HAVE 20 lbs to lose) but I lost INCHES!!! - this was 2 years ago - wish I would have maintained... Good luck - I loved it - It was fun and challenging - be dedicated or it won't work the way it says. Diet is a key part.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    it says to lose 20 pounds in 30 days. i only want to lose 10 pounds in the 30 days to reach my final goal which is 11 stone and 9 pounds. I was just wondering with this workout regime will it work I just completed my first day AND IT WAS HARD AS HELL!

20 pounds in 30 days is very unrealistic. Any program that promises "X pounds lost in Y" days is full of it because as you can clearly imagine the amount you can lose is closely related to the amount you have and not everyone weighs the same.

If you are counting calories, maintaining a reasonable deficit and doing a workout program of any sort your fitness will improve and you will lose weight. If you like this one then do this one, if you don't like it then do something else. There is no magic program that is the best.
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 Day Shred for two months now (extremely out of shape and had to ease into the program the first month)... and I have lost some weight, but mostly lost inches and have become so much stronger.

I haven't met anyone who has lost much weight with JM30 unless they did an extreme overhaul of their diet as well and supplimented with additional cardio. Not saying that there aren't people out there who have had more success for weight loss with this program, but I personally need more cardio then what this program has to offer to see results.

Started noticing great results with 30 Day Shred (level 2 at this point) when I did two days on with 30 Day Shred, Yoga and a hour of cardio on day three, two more days of 30 Days Shred for day 4/5, Cardio (1 hour) and yoga for day 6, rest on day seven and then started over. I also use 5lb weights and walk two miles every day.

All that to say that it's a great program and I love it, but I don't find that the 20 minutes workouts alone do enough to burn fat and lose weight, but it is a good workout to gain strength and tone muscle.

Try her No More Trouble Zones video. (it's on Youtube if you want to try it for free) It's an hour, not as painful, but very effective and great to use on the days for cardio.
  • ekaterinamika
    ekaterinamika Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Been hopping from one JM DVD to another. :( My major problem however is that there are times wherein I just cannot do her workouts for 30 days straight because there are just days wherein work schedule and other responsibilities won't let me do it. Is it okay if I do the 30 day shred even if I don't do it for 30 straight days? Will I still get results? Or any suggestions?