18 years old, trying a new approach

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Jamie, and I am 18. I live in the United States on the west coast. Like most of you, I decided to join this website because I want to lose weight. I've counted calories on and off in the past and benefited from it, so I think that this website is a really great tool for me to utilize. I need to lose around 160 pounds, which is a massive amount, but I know that I can do it if I put my mind to it and stay consistent. I'd really like some friends to keep me motivated and excited to frequent the website. So, if you're a young person, have a lot of weight to lose, or anybody else who'd like to be friends, shoot me a request! Thanks for reading this!

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not young, but here's some reading to help you along the way!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Best wishes for you! :flowerforyou:
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just turned 20, feel free to add me :)
  • silvanshadow
    Options
    Hey! I am a young person. Yay. And I go to college on the west coast as well, although I am in Europe for the summer. Good luck on your journey!
  • iamalamp
    iamalamp Posts: 9
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Awesome! Thank you for this! I always appreciate good information without it going on and on. :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    Thank you, silvanshadow! :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Awesome! Thank you for this! I always appreciate good information without it going on and on. :)

You are welcome. :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    Thanks to all for the kind words and messages.
  • mfpbaklazan
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 19, turning 20 in October. I don't really have a lot of weight to lose anymore, but add me if you want :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    Thanks, I will now! :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

If you can learn and implement the above advice, it's probably the healthiest way you'll lose weight and stay focused. You'll find that you can have the occasional crazy night out with friends and not get stressed about things, all the while zigzagging your way to your goal body.

Best bit is that you CAN stuff 150g of potato chips into your mouth with apparent reckless abandon if you work it into your daily plan.
  • tandas1986
    tandas1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just out of interest if someone was 5ft 4 and between 110-115 pounds, what uk clothes do you think they would wear, i usually wear 8-10...and if someone was 138 pounds at 5ft4, what kind of clothes size do u think they would waer
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just out of interest if someone was 5ft 4 and between 110-115 pounds, what uk clothes do you think they would wear, i usually wear 8-10...and if someone was 138 pounds at 5ft4, what kind of clothes size do u think they would waer

Athlete or armchair surfer? I know someone about that height and 5kg lighter who looks perfect in size 8-10. She participates in a lot of sports including powerlifting...
  • MrsStripyPie
    Options
    You've got this! I need to lose 150 lbs! In the same boat basically. You've benifited from this in the past, so have I! So it clearly work's. Good luck :drinker: :heart:
  • ClairAnnex
    ClairAnnex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I need to lose 80lbs, I am 19, 20 in October :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    You've got this! I need to lose 150 lbs! In the same boat basically. You've benifited from this in the past, so have I! So it clearly work's. Good luck :drinker: :heart:
    Thank you! :)
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision. My son has had weight problems for a great part of his life and finally, about a year and a half ago, he go, in his words "sick of feeling sick" and is now 120 lbs lighter (he started at 314 lbs). I had pretty much given up hope that he would ever be motivated (he's now 30) but I was wrong. He just had to be ready and sounds like you are now as well to do this. I wish you much strength and courage :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20 years old and started using MFP about a month ago. I love it! Feel free to add me so we can support each other along the way. :)
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 19, feel free to add me. Congrats on your new endeavor, I'm sure you'll lose that 160 pounds and feel absolutely awesome. :)
  • iamalamp
    Options
    I will! Thanks guys!