should I excersises everyday while trying to gain weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you want to get muscles, do 2 times exercise daily (morning and evening). At the starting days you need to make some extra efforts for gaining weigh.

no. just a whole lot of no.

Okay- OP.
    Height?
    Weight?
    Age?

What specifically are "the amount of calories I need"?

Meaning- how much are you eating- and do you know what maintenance is for you?

In order to truly gain muscle-there are three ingredients
    1.) eat at a surplus
    2.) you must progressively challenge your body- typically this is a progressive lifting program.
    3.) be patient- this is hard- and time consuming.

You should absolutely NOT be exercising every day- especially if you get on a lifting program. You need rest- muscle builds in your REST time- sleep and off days.

And the more working out you do- the more food you must eat- this is why people bulking typically do not do a lot of cardio- it just means more food they have to eat and at some point- i'ts not fun- it's just work.

+3 :bigsmile:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If you want to get muscles, do 2 times exercise daily (morning and evening). At the starting days you need to make some extra efforts for gaining weigh.

Holy cow, on your profile it says you are an exercise psychologist, and so far you have told people in your posts that they need to do exercises to target belly fat, your promote using supplements like Garncinia Cambogia,, to lose weight people need to take smaller bites, and drink green tea before every meal, and now this.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    New to the site!! I'm trying to gain 20 lbs. I'm underweight and I take in the amount if calories I need everyday. I also do squats and lungs 5 or 5 days out the week. Should I be doing this? I'm gaing weight in my butt on down. I'm trying to tone it.

If you are happy with doing what you are doing, and eating at a surplus then there really is no reason to stop. If you tried to gain weight without doing any type of exercise, there is a chance that the weight will be mostly fat. Just remember to account for the amount of extra calories you are burning with your workouts.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    New to the site!! I'm trying to gain 20 lbs. I'm underweight and I take in the amount if calories I need everyday. I also do squats and lungs 5 or 5 days out the week. Should I be doing this? I'm gaing weight in my butt on down. I'm trying to tone it.

Are these squats and lunges body weight or are you using extra weight (barbells, dumbbells, etc.)? If they're body weight, you're not burning a whole lot of calories while doing them and you're not really "toning" them either. The word "tone" really means nothing. Muscles do not tone - they either get bigger or get smaller. You should be lifting heavy and eating at a caloric surplus in order to gain weight while still looking good. If you're using weights already, I've got to ask why you're only doing squats and lunges. Why are you not working your upper body at all?

I'm also wondering if the "amount of calories I need" is a sufficient number of calories. Some people are under the impression that they'll gain weight eating x amount of calories when really they should be eating quite a bit more. You gave us no information to work from. In addition to the questions I already asked, how many calories per day are you eating? What's your age, height, and weight? What's your activity level outside of these lunges and squats?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What I squat at least 8 or 9 days a week. Maybe its right, maybe it aint, who knows its just one of them things you will never be sure of, like how many days are in a week.

Psht, that's nothing. I squat at least 13 days per week.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options

Okay- OP.
    Height?
    Weight?
    Age?

1.) eat at a surplus
    2.) you must progressively challenge your body- typically this is a progressive lifting program.

You should absolutely NOT be exercising every day- especially if you get on a lifting program. You need rest- muscle builds in your REST time- sleep and off days.

And the more working out you do- the more food you must eat- this is why people bulking typically do not do a lot of cardio- it just means more food they have to eat and at some point- i'ts not fun- it's just work.

This +++
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Yes. Exercise is always good for you (barring injuries and such). Eat back the calories. Lift weights.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Okay- OP.
    Height?
    Weight?
    Age?

1.) eat at a surplus

Yes. And WHY ON EARTH would be doing 2-a-days a good way to GAIN weight?!?! :grumble:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

lol-wut-dog.jpg

:laugh: my response too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yes. And WHY ON EARTH would be doing 2-a-days a good way to GAIN weight?!?! :grumble:

boredom???

I got nothing though. eating that much food gets old so fast LOL
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Holy cow, on your profile it says you are an exercise psychologist, and so far you have told people in your posts that they need to do exercises to target belly fat, your promote using supplements like Garncinia Cambogia,, to lose weight people need to take smaller bites, and drink green tea before every meal, and now this.

What, you're surprised?

To be honest, on average I've heard more horse$hit from self-proclaimed 'exercise gurus' than from the lay people. And that's saying something.

Not to say that there aren't some highly qualified and educated exercise gurus around, there are some on this site. They just seem to be an extreme minority.
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Have the same problem haha