The girl who couldn't lose weight

Options
jenanon1
jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
I've been around 315 lbs for years and years. Student life, takeaways etc put the weight onto an already chubby body, then healthy eating for years and years, not counting calories but certainly not massively overeating, meant I thought I couldn't lose. But I'm only eating 1500 a day I'd say. I'm not eating bags of crisps and loads of chocolate. But I wasn't eating 1500 I was eating around 2000 and that's around maintenance for me, although I didn't know it at the time. It was enough to keep me at 315+ while I thought I was eating well.
Then I found mfp and a food scale. I started on mfp on the recommended calories and was disappointed not to lose 2lbs a week. So I started a spreadsheet and over time worked out my tdee, and accepted that my bmr is so low that I'd only lose 1 lb a week and to ignore the lovely mfp 'if every day was like today you'd weigh xxx in 5 weeks' message.
So I'm six months in. I eat a bacon sandwich every day for breakfast, never feel deprived, do some exercise but not loads. I plateau. I whoosh. I have an occasional cheat day and even a beer or two on occasion. I've lost a significant number of inches, over 3 stones (42.4 lbs) and feel better than I have done in years. It works, you just need to weigh your food, track honestly and keep going.
Love
The girl who could lose weight after all :)

Replies

• WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Yaaaay!!! Well done! Well done!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I wish more newbies here would do what you did. I get sick of seeing "help I'm not losing weight!" And then replying: "do you weigh accurately? Are you certianly in deficit? Why are you eating so little?!"

Common sense does not seem to be common among them... :laugh:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Fantastic!!!!
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay!!! Well done! Well done!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I wish more newbies here would do what you did. I get sick of seeing "help I'm not losing weight!" And then replying: "do you weigh accurately? Are you certianly in deficit? Why are you eating so little?!"

Common sense does not seem to be common among them... :laugh:

Yup! I would wager that without exception, people claiming to eat "so little" and not losing weight are not accurately tracking their food (I know i wasn't).
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    3 stone in 6 months is fabulous! Well done :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    THat is so Awesome! Thank you for sharing :) You have put in a lot of effort and really learned your body and it shows :) Keep up the amazing progress :)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story :happy: What a success! Congratulations, you are doing terrific!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Nice job and way to stick with it.

And actually take the time to weigh and track food....
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love a happy ending. Nice job!
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    awesome!!
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great post - very refreshing and hoping it will inspire all those just starting out.
    Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You go girl!
  • Lara124911
    Lara124911 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was over weight and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at secretosdelara@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!