Canned Salmon

Options
I have two cans of Salmon in the pantry and really don't know how to fix them. Usually I would add an egg and some cornmeal and then fry it in the skillet, but I don't even want to know how many calories is in that. Any good ideas on how to use them and not blow my calories out of the water?

Replies

• marrieandfive
    Options
    I always mix it up like tuna with mayo but that probably isn't good either!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I heat it up right out of the can and eat it with brown rice, or sometimes I add diced onion and fry it just a little in some olive oil and eat it with brown rice. I love canned salmon!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Go to this link....there are over 20 recipes to use for canned salmon....pasta, quiche, stir frys, salad, etc...

http://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/recipes/tag/salmon/
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I will mix it with light miracle whip or light ranch dressing - only about 2 TBL then have it with crackers or on bread like Tuna.
  • mirandam1076
    Options
    Ingredients per 8oz of salmon:
    1 egg
    1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
    chopped onion and bell pepper(amount up to you)
    whatever seasoning you like

Spray a skillet with the pump-style olive oil just to coat and cook it up! Should cook each side about 5 minutes or until salmon is not pink.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Simple ...salmon patties - a fav @ our house!
    Remove bone & skin, mix in a egg & crushed fat free saltines S&P & a lil lemon pepper. Patty up & fry til golden brown in olive oil. Great alone w/ steamed veggies or as a sammy on low cal bun w/ lettuce & tomato & tartar sauce....YUMMYYUM!
  • joenstefanie51609
    Options
    Thanks those sound good.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I make salmon patties, too. I add 1 egg, some oatmeal, onion, seasonings of choice, and a little pickle relish. Once I added chopped slivered almonds and that was good, too. You don't have to remove skin or bones if you don't mind them, they are very good for you and meant to be eaten.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Great Question.....new to this but I assume bump means to bookmark this? BUMP lol
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump!