frustrated - non scale related

Options
my 'friend' insists on pigging out on candy on valentines day. she is supposed to be 'losing weight' too. but honestly i think she is just trying to shove food in my face so i'll gain. shes's mentioned that i'm 8 lbs less than her so i just think she's jealous and it's frustrating b/c everyone supports me except her obviously. she claims she's supportice but she isn't. when i'm around her i struggle very much. it's really hard. i've never given in to her wanting to get fast food or eat candy or junk but it's still hard. i wish she'd just get on track. she eats fast food. she eats candy. she drinks regular pop. she goes over her calorie limit. she does not exercise. she gets upset when i lose and she doesn't. well of course she isn't losing. she isn't working towards losing. that's why! i work hard. i stay within my calorie limit. i'm on the treadmill minutes 6 days/wk. i don't eat fast food. i don't eat candy or junk food. i don't drink pop. if i do drink pop it's like maybe 1 or 2 diet pops per week. so of course i'm going to be losing. she is just anoying the crap out of me right now and i feel that if she keeps this up we just can't be friends. i'm not going to let an idiot keep me from my goals. if she wants to be obese with her chocolate bar that's fine with me. i'll still be her friend no matter what she weighs but she can't be upset because i'm doing so well. and she says i inspire her...really? inspire her? if i'm 'inspiring her' then how come she still eats cake on a daily basis and how come she doesn't exercise and how come she eats fast food and pigs out on pizza. i don't do any of those things. stupid!!! and my birthday will be a struggle too because she insists on me pigging out then. i don't see any holiday that is worth me gaining back what i've lost and that's just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    You should eat what you want on your birthday or Valentine's. Treat yourself and don't let the diet take over your life. Eating what you want for one day isn't going to make all the weight you've lost come back. I was at home for Christmas break for over a month and wasn't keeping track and didn't gain any back. OVER THE HOLIDAYS. As for your friend, well, if she's not exercising/eating right, she's not committed to the challenge. Keep on and don't let her get you down. She'll come around when she's watching you get hot! :) Just think of it as a big "I told you so" opportunity coming at the end.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    You should eat what you want on your birthday or Valentine's. Treat yourself and don't let the diet take over your life. Eating what you want for one day isn't going to make all the weight you've lost come back. I was at home for Christmas break for over a month and wasn't keeping track and didn't gain any back. OVER THE HOLIDAYS. As for your friend, well, if she's not exercising/eating right, she's not committed to the challenge. Keep on and don't let her get you down. She'll come around when she's watching you get hot! :) Just think of it as a big "I told you so" opportunity coming at the end.

I'll definitely tread myself but I have sugar issues too which are getting better since I'm eating healthier so It's not always about the # on the scale I guess she doesn't realize that But I agree Once I'm getting thin She'll realize then that she needs to get on track :)
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    First she needs to make the decision like you did - it is essential to be committed or you fail. You have made a decision to a lifestyle change and she has not. I agree with "JMO325" you can still have a little something off track as long as it is not "pigging out" and within moderation without jeopardizing what you have accomplished. Your right no holiday is worth it. I personally was able to resist over Thanksgiving but did over indulge at Christmas. No worries, I'll just have to work harder to achieve my goals.

Do what you have being doing and you will be healthier and show it!
  • AmandaChaseChance11
    Options
    im in the same boat!.(its so hard to have self control....im having troubles still ajusting)...im the only one in my house loosing weight and trying to eat healthy....my parents and fiance still eat junk, i have to cook for them just to help. but theres so much temptation....its rediculously hard but ur not alone....treat urself and just take it day by day. and ur doing awesome. u could b a real insperation at the end
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Thanks you two I hope that once she sees me losing and getting healthier that she will follow in my footsteps