Snack Ideas?

Options
388gigi
388gigi Posts: 485 Member
Hi All,

Please post any ideas for HEALTHY snacks for during the day. Other than carrots, nuts, apricot pieces and fruit.

Also after some high protein or low carb snacks?

Thanks =)

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Hi All,

Please post any ideas for HEALTHY snacks for during the day. Other than carrots, nuts, apricot pieces and fruit.

Also after some high protein or low carb snacks?

Thanks =)

I love ANY vegetable and hummus in any flavor. Apples and peanut butter. whole grain crackers and cheese. Greek yogurt and berries. Apple and cheese. Whole grain gold fish and almonds. almonds and craisins. soy nuts and dark chocolate chips hehe
    Mix it up and make your snacks worth it! :)
  • Dannyelle999
    Options
    DANG hummus was going to be my suggestions also! One of my favorites! Another one, instead of chips and salsa...because most chips are not on the diet...I like baked chicken breast with a bite of salsa. Also bologna wrapped around cheese!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Salsa and chips! (for savory cravings)
    Sugar Free Hot Chocolate (for sweet cravings) ... hot chocolate makes me full too, i think a combo of the heat and the liquid
    Pepperoni Chips ..... I ate these while trying South Beach. Just pop some turkey peperoni in the microwave for about 3 min. flip them ove and do it again. Depending on your microwave, they should get really crispy, if not give it a little more time. They are really good dipped in humus or a low cal dip.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I forgot!!! One of my all time yummy junk type faves without being killer is pretzels and salsa con queso. Salsa con queso is also really yummy with broccoli and cauliflower!! I can't believe I forgot those! Lol
  • LoseItCorinne
    Options
    I picked up Special K fruit crisp bars tonight. They are SO tasty.. I grabbed the blueberry ones. I am a fan!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yeah Greek Yoghurt is pretty filling ! I also need some more ideas lol
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I love ANY vegetable and hummus in any flavor. Apples and peanut butter. whole grain crackers and cheese. Greek yogurt and berries. Apple and cheese. Whole grain gold fish and almonds. almonds and craisins. soy nuts and dark chocolate chips hehe
    Mix it up and make your snacks worth it! :)

Thanks for the HEALTHY suggestions. Awesome combos!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    For a high protein once -- Jerky, although its high in sodium. But you can make your own too.
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    A lot of these snacks ie special k bars are so full of soy lecithins, fake sweeteners, ... Eat clean and stay close to nature make your own hummus for vegetables, fruit with natural nut butters, almonds,... pretzels are made of white flour white sugar... they spike your insulin which is a fat storiing hormone... I love cherry tomatoes they are sweet in themselves and need no dressings, cottage cheese with a little fruit...
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    I also make my own pita chips. I get pita bread, slice it into 8 wedges (a pizza cutter works great!!), separate the top from bottom and add a little olive oil and spices. By mixing up the oils (porcini mushroom is one of my favorites) and the spices, you can control the amount of calories, but also keep things interesting by mixing up the flavors.

Bake at 375 for 6-10 minutes. Check frequently (they can burn easily!!) and they will crisp up even after coming out of the oven.

Perfect for salsa, hummus, or anything else you can think of!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    A lot of these snacks ie special k bars are so full of soy lecithins, fake sweeteners, ... Eat clean and stay close to nature make your own hummus for vegetables, fruit with natural nut butters, almonds,... pretzels are made of white flour white sugar... they spike your insulin which is a fat storiing hormone... I love cherry tomatoes they are sweet in themselves and need no dressings, cottage cheese with a little fruit...
    why do you think I used the word junk in my pretzle post????
    And heck if we are going to get that technical...then be sure to use organic raw almonds...raw means they have more original nutrients in them! And organic means they are not hosed down with mass quantity of pesticides during mass production!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    why do you think I used the word junk in my pretzle post????
    And heck if we are going to get that technical...then be sure to use organic raw almonds...raw means they have more original nutrients in them! And organic means they are not hosed down with mass quantity of pesticides during mass production!

Why so angry?
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Fool yourself cookies.

1/2 banana, mashed

1 T peanut butter

1/3 c oats

1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder

1 t cocoa powder

1/4 t baking powder

mix all together, drop by spoonfuls onto sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10 min @ 300.

I've seen some recipes that add splenda or a package of sugar free hot choc mix.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    No intention if sounding angry. I was just clarifyng that I am aware. :) she supplied wonderfull info for those who didn't already know. I just get a lot of people assuming that I don't already know things and wanted her to know, I know. ;) not angry just frank.
    Fool yourself cookies...excellent name! Sounds tasty too. ;)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    have you tried the 100 calorie packs, and light string cheese? Those are good snacks too.
  • ajcookie
    ajcookie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like celery with 1 tbsp peanut butter or an apple with a tbsp peanut butter. Also love the new 100 calorie FIBRE 1 bars and the 100 calorie Special K bars.
  • Divalici0us
    Options
    I usually stick with fruit but sometimes I need something different...we like Snikiddy brand snacks, PopChips, Wheat thins, hummus (with veggies, chips or Flatout flat bread) and I love unsalted pretzels.
  • JWruns
    JWruns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for sweets:
    the special k protein bars in chocolate peanut butter are delicious. slim fast also has some really yummy snack bars that taste like candy. the peanut butter crunch bar will make you think you're having a butterfinger!
  • danser84
    danser84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I typically go for Wheat Thins, Pretzels dipped in honey mustard, fruit, yo plait light yogurt, sugar free Jello, Sugar Free Pudding (Hunts Snack Pack has ones that are like 60 calories) kettle corn popcorn (theres single serve bags available)
  • annadilynn
    Options
    red seedless grapes...a cup is 100 calories.