garcinia cambogia

Options
2»

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Just in case the No answers werent convincing.

http://examine.com/supplements/Garcinia+cambogia/

An actual response? Wow!!

So this is saying what I've said my experience was...

Will you lose weight? No

Will it suppress appetite? Yes

Why you hatin' bro ?
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • NeseMonae
    NeseMonae Posts: 6
    Options
    I've taking them now.....But I'm not having great results with them. My weight is the same, but I lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist in like 6 weeks. But My mom and my cousin has both taken Garcinia Cambogia as well.....and it worked for them. My mom lost 15 with no exercise in her month of taking those pills, My cousin has lost 32 pound with the pills...and that was with her cutting out whites (bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice) with exercise 3-4 times a week in her first month
  • cgvoabc
    cgvoabc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just in case the No answers werent convincing.

http://examine.com/supplements/Garcinia+cambogia/

An actual response? Wow!!

So this is saying what I've said my experience was...

Will you lose weight? No

Will it suppress appetite? Yes

Why you hatin' bro ?

I'm not "hatin' bro"; I'm just stating the facts.
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried it along with my normal exercising (4-5x week),

The only thing it did is make me pee, CONSTANTLY.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My cousin has lost 32 pound with the pills...and that was with her cutting out whites (bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice) with exercise 3-4 times a week in her first month
    So lets think about it do you think the weightloss is due to the exercise and cutting out of foods/calories or from a pill that there is no studies that actually say it works and also is not even licensed as a supplement in the U. K. Hmmm let me think about that one?
  • cgvoabc
    cgvoabc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My cousin has lost 32 pound with the pills...and that was with her cutting out whites (bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice) with exercise 3-4 times a week in her first month
    So lets think about it do you think the weightloss is due to the exercise and cutting out of foods/calories or from a pill that there is no studies that actually say it works and also is not even licensed as a supplement in the U. K. Hmmm let me think about that one?

Is the weight loss due to the pills? Nope.

Do the pills help with weight loss due to it's ability to suppress your appetite? Absolutely!!

I think people are delusional if a pill will cause you to lose weight. But that was never my intention with the pill. I used it because I wanted it to suppress my appetite without feeling like I had just finished of a 100 ounce cup of coffee.

This pill fit the bill!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    haha I got to witness the parade of NO's before they disappeared. Go MFP editors! (it was slightly annoying)
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It never suppressed my appetite. Never.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just started it so haven't lost any weight yet, but haven't been hungry today so it is supressing my appetite. Also didn't mess with my sleep when I took it at dinner time yesterday.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started taking it two weeks ago and have lost 5lbs. It definately suppresses my appetite. I haven't noticed any negative side effects so plan to stay on it. Right now this is the lowest I've weighed in 2 years and I'm fitting into my size 12 clothes again. Some of the 12's are too loose, which I don't understand as most fit just right. I have a little less then 3 weeks before my H and I leave for Europe and my goal is to lose 5 more lbs before we leave. I do watch what I eat, but the Garcinia makes it easy to do. I plan on taking it with me on vacation as we're doing a 9 night cruise where it's all the food you can eat and I don't want to gain back everything I've lost.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Tried it and it did nasty stuff to my tummy
  • losingit1985
    Options
    When it first came out, I was stupid and I tried it. I actually gained 6 pounds. >_< I'm glad you are losing weight, but I wouldn't give the pills the credit. Hope you keep losing!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...I went into Vitamin World the other day to get some Quest bars. My friend was asking the worker there how things like garcinia worked (she's always looking for a "quick fix"), and rather than talk up the sale, he completely shot it down, saying they were a waste of money and bringing up Dr. Oz's lawsuits for claiming they worked. If the person who's paid to sell it won't, why would you buy it?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about this particular product.

However I do think prescription appetite suppressants have a legitimate place for some people, under medical supervision - the very obese who need to lose weight urgently, for example.

OTC herbal appetite suppressants for everyone else - No.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The biggest negative effect is your wallet loses weight.
  • broadwaylover14
    Options
    I have heard that they don't really work. My Dad took them for a week and quit. He said i made him have a terrible (and I mean terrible!) stomach ache.