Dermarolling/ needling stretch marks: results?

Options
Hi!
I've got stretch marks and have been obsessed about getting rid of them lately, I hate them so badly! While I understand that there is no current treatment that can guarantee complete elimination of stretch marks, I would still love to improve their appearance, especially make the white ones blend in more with my skin tone.
After days of researching on the internet, I came to a conclusion that the most effective (yet, not too pricy) remedy would be derma rolling, preferably combined with single needling. I have so far done only 1 roll, and am still waiting for my needles to arrive, but I would love to hear about some encouraging experiences from others :) Has anyone here tried rolling their stretch marks? Any success?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this. Sounds painful!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Share before and after pics I would love to get rid of mine to
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...I do recall one topic that was posted a long time ago with a lady who was doing this method and even posted before/during pics. The difference was noticeable. You can try using the Search option to find the thread.

So, you are referring to sticking yourself with needles?
  • babylinh
    babylinh Posts: 6
    Options
    OdesAngel, yeah, it is definitely not a tickle, but totally bearable. So far I feel that for my 1,5mm roller I don't need numbing cream yet. Maybe later, when I use more pressure.
  • babylinh
    Options
    Prettyfitchic,
    definitely, but it can take months from the 1st rolling session to see first visible results. Collagen production is a slow process :(

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/stretchmarks-single-needle-before-and-after/
    Here are the results some woman has achieved after 1,5 year of rolling and needling. Looks very encouraging!
  • babylinh
    Options
    Dakotababy, yeah, it is basically sticking needles into skin.
    That sounds promising, gonna look for that thread! Thanks :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a nurse or trained to use needles, this sounds like a terrible idea that could result in a trip to the ER. Sticking yourself with needles........:huh:
  • lane112409
    lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My sister had really dark stretch marks and she used celtrixa you would not believe the difference. Hope this helps it is a lotion
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    My sister had really dark stretch marks and she used celtrixa you would not believe the difference. Hope this helps it is a lotion
    Isn't there a lawsuit against the manufacturers of that by people who say it is a scam?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!