FitOrbit-Online Personal Training

Options
Anyone here using FitOrbit? I ran across it on Earndit.com and thinking about using my earned points for a $25 coupon. From what I understand, it sets you up with a trainer that goes over your goals as gives you a meal and workout plan. Plus it's a fraction of the monthly cost or a real trainer and you don't have to deal with all the yelling (unless you want that, then you pick the angry trainer).

Copied from Earndit:
When it comes to fitness and nutrition, knowing what to do and what to eat is half the battle. Everyone’s body and goals are different. It’s almost impossible to narrow down which foods and workout routines are actually right for you.

FitOrbit will give you a customized diet and workout plan that is created specifically for you by a real person, a certified fitness professional who is available to you whenever you need them.

Your FitOrbit trainer will learn everything necessary about you and your needs to provide a daily diet and workout plan and will motivate you every step of the way to help you achieve your goals.

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    b
    u
    m
    p
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I mean, is it an actual person or just online?

If it's just online then I would say no.. The point of having a personal trainer is having an actual person there with you, showing you how to do things. LIke my trainer and I were learning different bar bell moves last night and it was helpful to have him watching saying, oh you are doing this wrong when you squat.. try this instead.. no yelling involved :)
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know...sounds like it might be worth trying. The last time I was working out (2 years ago and stopped due to cartilage in my knees breaking down and then I broke my leg/ankle/foot and now I'm back trying after two years) I couldn't afford a trainer, so I went to my gym and they offered for about $150 a Trainer would measure you and give you an individualized meal plan and fitness plan. The first day, the trainer worked with you to show you how to do all the exercises the right way. It's harder because you have to rely on your own motivation but it was very worth it to have someone professional tell you what to do.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    It's a real person that chats with you daily and pretty much whenever you need them (instead of just 30 minutes at the gym then they forget your named until the next meeting). They set up meal and exercise plans that's suppose to be fit to you and your goals. You can even switch trainers if you don't like your current one.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Hey! I actually work at FitOrbit and just happened to stumble across this post, so I wanted to give you a little more information about the program to help you out with your decision :-) You're totally right about the benefit being around the clock access to a real personal trainer (instead of 30 min at the gym that will cost you more than one month of FitOrbit costs). In terms of any concerns about not having someone there to show you how to do the moves, all of the exercises you'll be assigned will come with instructional photos and videos, plus you can always message your trainer with any specific questions you have. Your trainer is a real person who customizes your plan just for you, and can adjust it based on your preferences and needs. Plus, that's absolutely right about being able to switch trainers any time -- we have a "Love Your Trainer Guarantee," so you can always switch trainers if your original trainer isn't the perfect match for you. Please let me know if you have any questions! You can email us directly at support@fitorbit.com if that's more convenient for you.
    Thanks for the information. I was trying to decide if I wanted to try it out or not. Sadly my card didn't work last night so that put my decision on hold even more. I'm guessing you don't take pre-paid debit cards (It's a Wal-Mart card).

Not so sure about a meal plan though, I've never been able to actually follow one, maybe calories wise but not fully with meal-by-meal
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool and even though you don't personally meet with your trainer, it's better than nothing! I might look into this =) Tks for posting!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    No problem

I think I'm going to do the monthly plan that way I can just test it out. Better than being on a contract like my gym has for their personal trainers
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The only concern I still have with it is it's not an actual person. I mean, videos are great and all for learning form but nothing replaces an actual person standing there, watching you and giving you pointers as you go. Thats what personal training is all about... having someone there watching you and correcting you. Since you want to learn free weights, I think you need an actual person and not just a video.

Plus my trainer is accessible 24/7, does not forget my name after our hour is over and is always checking in with me... nor does he yell.. so I'm not sure what kind of trainers you've had, but they don't sound like mine.

So try it and see.. but I personally don't feel like it's a good idea.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I've never had a trainer, but I've witnessed some them. Plus some (again, I say SOME) of them that get on boards like these are kinda iffy. Also, I'm not a people's person. I know the whole idea of having a personal trainer is to have an actual person, but I can't afford $40 a session on top of my gym membership. I can barely afford my gym membership. So paying $20-50 monthly for 'round the clock advice and help sounds a whole lot better than $40-120 a week.

Wouldn't hurt me much to try. I got a discount which I can get 4 weeks for less than $30. So if I hate it, I can just not pay the next month. Again, better than being stuck in a contract.
  • telicia02
    telicia02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was thinking about doing this. Did you try the month out? If so, do you mind sharing your experience?