Couch to 5k

Options
13»

Replies

• EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you have heart problems or any past injuries that would affect your running, it's be a good idea. Also, breathing problems too. It doesn't hurt to call up your primary physician and double check. Otherwise, I don't see why you would.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting after Spring Break (late March, early April) because I know I will need warmer weather, more sunlight and hopefully by then I will have lost a little more weight.

Just the fact that I want to run in 5K is a big shift in my thinking. That in itself is a big deal. I will complete one, hopefully in the Fall!
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started the C25k program a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I am doing W2D3 and Monday I will do W3D1 :) It was hard at first, but I can tell it is getting eaiser.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the C25K program, but I started running (jogging to most) on my own in July 2008. I weighed almost 260 lbs at that time (I am 5' 2"). I am now about 212 lbs. It was a very, very slow process. I signed up for a lot of local races (and some destination ones as well) and just kept at it. In October 2009 I completed my first half marathon (3 1/2 hours) and have since done 6 more! I am now working on losing those last 90 lbs and I just began training for a full marathon that I am hoping to complete in October this year! Good luck to you! It's hard work, but you can do it!!!!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Week 1 done!!! On to Week 2...
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Week 1 done!!! On to Week 2...

Woo Woo!
    :smooched: