Gained 10 pounds in 10 days????

Options
Hi guys!

I'm having a MINOR freak out. I just went on vacation to California for a little over a week and came back to see if I'd gained a pound or two from vacation eating, to find myself weighing ten pounds more than what I left!

Is this even possible???

I weighed myself on the same scale as usual, with no clothes, at the same time of day.

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Totally possible. It's water weight. I gained 13 lbs on a week-long camping trip because I ate All Teh Carbs (which causes water retention). If you WAY overate there might be one or two real pounds there but not likely much more. Calm down, stay off the scale for a week and then check in again. In my case I dropped 7 or 8 of the 13 in a couple days and the rest over the course of a week.
  • desertrunning
    Options
    Thank you. I hope so!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Had the same thing. Took it easy with carbs & sodium for a few days, took care of most of it, now just working to get the last 2lbs off.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 3500 extra calories above your maintenance? If not, you did gain....give it time to resolve.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good effort! The most I have put on was 5lb after a week all inclusive!
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Even if you did gain 10lbs, what the heck? You were on VACATION!
    You lost the weight before, just keep on keeping on and it will come right back off :)
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yup it is the water weight. I gained 5 lbs in 4 days.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    probably water weight from different foods, look again in aweek, weighing yourself after being on vacation is always a bad idea !
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 3500 extra calories above your maintenance? If not, you did gain....give it time to resolve.

Slight correction: 35,000 calories above maintenance for 10 lbs.

Go back to your regular eating habits, drink your water, and check back in a week.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Good effort! The most I have put on was 5lb after a week all inclusive!

Had to giggle at that!