Hi

Grit_Girl
Grit_Girl Posts: 6
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. My name is Margaret, I'm 32, & I'm 100 pounds overweight. When I was in high school I was a ballet dancer, & was right in my target weight range. Then I went off to college & lost 10 pounds....then I got pregnant & gained 72 pounds in less than 9 months. Stretch marks abound!! After the baby was born (and given up for adoption, by the way), I went through a rough patch where all I did was drink, smoke, & eat junk food. Somehow I managed to lose about half of the baby weight (God bless my 18 year-old metabolism), but never got back below 145 pounds. At the time I felt like I was still dreadfully overweight. I really wanted that Carrie Bradshaw-esque slender & fit figure, but instead I felt like I was hideously large. Now? I would kill to fit back into my size 16's, not to mention making it back down to 145. Big dreams, right?
So I'm trying out a new meal...well plan isn't the right word, but I'm trying to eat a lower calorie diet. And last night I had my "cheat" meal (SuperSonic bacon cheeseburger, large tots, & a Route 44 Oceanwater). Urg. I now remember why a cheat meal shouldn't equal the caloric content of the rest of your day. I feel like a slug today. So I made a healthy breakfast of 2 hardboiled eggs, 1/2 a grapefruit, 2 thick tomato slices, & a cup of skim milk...and 3 cups of black coffee. I'm always surprised that a healthy meal like that can actually be filling...but it is! So, if I stick with a low-cal meal plan, perhaps I can chip a little weight off my rotund behind & ease some of the joint/back pain.
God, I am so lazy!! I'm a junk food junkie, lazy, & well...okay that's all of it. That's why I'm 100 pounds overweight. I get asked if I'm pregnant, I can't find clothes that fit (or look good), I have the hideous belly roll, I have stretch marks, & high heels sometimes (okay, always) hurt. I hate it!! but I'm always too content on the couch to do anything. ARG!!
Right now I'm on my third cup of coffee, third DVD, & first real day of accountability. I have to take a look at myself & really admit that my weight issues are all my own. My fault, & my issues. It's time that I take control, take responsibility, & make a difference in my own life.

Replies

• Don't worry girl! You can do it! That's why you are here and we can all help and motivate you! Good luck!!!
  • jatbe
    jatbe Posts: 18
    Good luck- you just took the first big step and joined up. It's a good site and you'll find plenty of encouragement. Feel free to add me as a friend. You'll do it.
  • You can do it! This is a great place to find others who can relate and offer support.
    Add me to your friends if you'd like!

Brianna:)
This discussion has been closed.