Married w/o kids here - newbie!

Options
Hi everyone,

My lowest weight ever was 9.5 lbs. I'm not trying to reach that weight again, but I really need to exercise regularly, just to maintain health as I get older. I'm turning 40 next year!

Although I hated having a slender frame in school, I'm pretty thankful for it now. At 5'9", gaining 10 lbs doesn't show too much.

I've lost 20 lbs in the past, just by stopping the over-snacking after dinner and being careful about what kinds of foods I eat. Unfortunately, this healthy habit doesn't just stick on its own. I find myself wanting cookies and chips and salted nuts when I get peckish at work. The worst: pretzels with peanut butter candy!

Right now I'm pretty happy with the way I look, though if you come closer and poke me you'll notice my marshmallow texture. I think tracking what I eat will help me make the best food choices. And beginning to exercise *regularly* will help me be stronger and maybe improve my slightly-correctable posture. No more: "Yeah, I exercise! I went swimming back in April..."

I'd enjoy feeling a little more toned and having a little more energy. I work at the library and a pretty chic clothing store, so right now my only exercise is walking around a lot and tapping keyboards.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with some supportive people!

Have a great day!

- AfraidofChickenLegs

Replies

• grannykaren57
    Options
    I wanted to take this time to welcome you....and look forward to joining this journey with you.... :) Add me if you would like... Karen
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as well. The journey is better with support from others
  • Afraidofchickenlegs
    Options
    Thanks! I've added both of you! :)
  • mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this site. I like the support I've received from the community. Add me if you like :happy:
  • Afraidofchickenlegs
    Options
    I have now, thank you very much! :)
  • Afraidofchickenlegs
    Options
    I'm open to adding more MFP friends for mutual support! I had an awesome first day and feel like I'm on the right track!