Slow and Steady is winning the race :)

Options
lswain1970
lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
I have been using myFitnessPal for about 18 months now. After years of trying "everything" looking for that quick fix, magic bullet to magically and QUICKLY melt away the results of a lifetime of poor eating and fitness habits, I decided I had nothing to lose by sticking to the basics and taking as long as it takes.

At first the weight dropped pretty fast (2 lbs per week) but of course that slowed down but I was not going to quit. I even fell off the wagon a bit over the holidays and re-gained 8 of those hard lost pounds but in the spring got back on track.

Here I am, down 46 pounds, 8 pounds from goal and so excited that I WILL reach that goal...and likely attempt another 10 to get to my dream weight.

I allow myself slip ups, enjoy life, accept setbacks and keep rolling. This app has changed my life. There is no magic bullet - just hard work, persistence and determination...a lesson I wish I had learned long long ago...better late than never right? :)

Replies

• muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and success!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. Slow and steady always wins the race. I've been at this for 10 months and I'm down 31 pounds. No speedster here, either. 14 more and I'll be celebrating with you! :drinker:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 46 lbs lost - no easy task for sure!!! And Good luck on your journey to your ideal weight!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Slow & Steady definitely will get you there . I was just looking at my weight chart and ughhh ... Months went by when I only lost 2 lbs for the entire month ( mostly my fault, I think .. do to not eating properly) but I have never given up .. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    What is HARD to endure is SWEET to remember. Keep up your determination and you will reach your goals :)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Keep up the good work and we will ALL get there no matter how long it takes :drinker:
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and winning attitude. Your methods and story are just what I needed today. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • chyrece
    chyrece Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Congratulations!
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Congrats on the loss and almost being at goal.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome way to look at it. :smile:

I have lost 26 lbs (12kg) since December, and while I am now seeing a difference I am only half way to where I want to be. I had a good month of small gains and small losses which cancelled each other out, and some weeks have been a real struggle.

But I KNOW if I keep going it is going to be so much better for me. I'll happily take that tiny itty bitty 200g loss if that's what I get for the week because it's not a gain! Would I like to lose faster? Sure. But I like food too.

Good job!
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You're doing well.:flowerforyou:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I totally agree with taking it slow. I'm in this for life.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your continued success! I also have adopted the "marathon, not a sprint" attitude with success. You are so right - it is "just hard work, persistence and determination", but it is so worth it.
  • beverlywesterby
    beverlywesterby Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! I am struggling through a plateau right now but am staying on track and just keeping at it, knowing that it will happen. You are an insipration!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!