body shaming and fat acceptance

Options
anyone else here tired of those "bones are for dogs" memes. you know the ones that try to make them self feel better at someone elses expense? and not to bash obese people as i wore that suit for many years myself but why the big push on fat acceptance (FA)?society doesnt do the same for underweight people. isnt accepting obesity promoting and glamorizing a health issue epidemic?

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm generally just bored with any and all name-calling. I left middle school behind me a long time ago.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that the "bones are for dogs" can be offensive towards naturally skinny people. I think it should just be "body acceptance".
  • dahern1
    dahern1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, people should be properly informed of the health risks behind being both over and under weight. Body shaming of any kind is awful.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My only issue is when people feel the need to put others down while trying to promote acceptance. It's not just with weight either. I see it with so many other issues.
  • SkiDude1
    SkiDude1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, where "Superior Sufferer's Syndrome" and special victimhood intersect. People today shun accountability for everything they can, so they play the victim card, claiming they are special victims of social persecution.
  • Lundatica
    Lundatica Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm tired of _all_ body shaming memes, including the ones that claim that not actively hating on fat people is somehow the same as "glamourising".

I'll trust larger people to worry - or not worry - about their bodies and I will worry about mine.