PIYO/Turbo Fire

Options
Anyone combine these two workouts yet? Just started Piyo and have never done Turbo Fire, but from what I have read and seen, its a good cardio program.

Replies

• lbishop232
    lbishop232 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've done turbo fire a couple times. It was very hard to follow! I do not have the choreography for that and my heart rate didn't get nearly as high as when I do other workouts. I mean it might have been a good workout if I weren't staring at the TV lost half the time.
  • tblackwell1234
    tblackwell1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love me some TurboFire, and now I'm doing PiYo. I am thinking I need to do a Hybrid as well only because I miss my cardio :)
  • divinetherapy5
    Options
    save you $ and go to grokker.com for all you fitness needs. As long as you have internet connection you are all set!......Your Welcome!
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just completed Turbofire and started Piyo. Piyo isn't enough for me. I'm really disappointed so far, I don't feel like I'm getting a workout compared to how I felt after Turbofire. I'm going to have to do a hybrid with turbo or I'm going to not do it at all.
  • charice0718
    Options
    I do both TurboFire and PiYo. I love them both! Turbofire is definitely my cardio routine, and then I use PiYo as my after burn. As far as only doing PiYo I wouldnt be able to. There isnt enough calorie burn for my liking, so I throw in the other one and I feel better.

As far as learning TurboFire, it took a sec to get the hang of it but I had to stay persistent. When I learned a new routine, depending on how long it was I would do it twice. If I still didnt get it I did it again the next day. The first couple weeks there wasnt any order to it only because I needed to learn it or I knew I would get frustrated.

I am looking for a hybrid of the two, but since no one really has one yet, Im thinking on just making one myself.
  • Candicem99
    Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do both TurboFire and PiYo. I love them both! Turbofire is definitely my cardio routine, and then I use PiYo as my after burn. As far as only doing PiYo I wouldnt be able to. There isnt enough calorie burn for my liking, so I throw in the other one and I feel better.

As far as learning TurboFire, it took a sec to get the hang of it but I had to stay persistent. When I learned a new routine, depending on how long it was I would do it twice. If I still didnt get it I did it again the next day. The first couple weeks there wasnt any order to it only because I needed to learn it or I knew I would get frustrated.

I am looking for a hybrid of the two, but since no one really has one yet, Im thinking on just making one myself.

If you come up with one, please let me know. Since I have never done TF by itself, I am not real sure of the workouts yet, so my plan was to do TF one week and the Piyo schedule the following week and alternate, but I don't know how effective that will be.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think there is a hybrid posted on Teambeachbody.com under where you can find the worksheets. I know there is a T25/PiYo hybrid posted there because I printed it as well as a P90X3/PiYo hybrid. So I would recommend taking a look there.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I did two PiYo workouts and burned 700 calories the other day, it's so crazy to me that people say it isn't enough of a calorie burn!

Anyway, lots of people really love TurboFire and have been creating hybrid programs so I think it would be a great combination!
  • Candicem99
    Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is not a hybrid posted on TeamBeachbody - the only ones are with T25 and P90X3. I haven't found one yet.

For some people they are getting a good calorie burn and this program alone will work great, but for me, and for others as well from what I have read, it just isn't enough. Sweat and Drench are really the only ones for me that make me feel like I have accomplished a good workout and what I want. That is my main reason for adding the extra cardio.
  • the29tharsenal
    Options
    There is a hybrid schedule on sorreyfitness.com... I'm going to do a hybrid of the two. I'm already 4 weeks into TF (LOVING IT) and I just started PIYO today so I'm basically just adding it to TF. I'm not swapping anything out. Fortunately, PIYO's workouts are short so it won't be hard to incorporate.

Good luck and happy training!!!!

Stace