having trouble eating 1200 cals....

Options

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    ooouuuuuhhhh..... Good idea.... i could have a glass of almond milk or maybe some cheese and a few olives....

Thanks, that was great advice...

That's nice????

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    ooouuuuuhhhh..... Good idea.... i could have a glass of almond milk or maybe some cheese and a few olives....

That's nice????

OP asked for advice.

OP was given advice.

OP showed how that advice could be used in their life and thanked the person who gave said advice.

???

OP is mean and nasty.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    OP simple calorie dense foods high in fat content like nuts, nut butters, fish(yum protein too) think salmon and tuna, EEVO, coconut oil...all help put some calories in your diet and meet MACROS. Hope this helps(PS--lunch today was 970 calories, the gelato and sorbet at 3 was about 270 calories; when you burn a lot of calories you have more options with caloric intake ;) )
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    yeah, no nasty.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But anyhow, OP, it's good that you recognize your inability to moderate...and that's exactly what it is, an inability. The good news is that moderation can be learned. (I say this as a fellow OCDish/ADHD adult who struggled for decades to have a speed besides 100% off or 100% on.) Look for opportunities to practice the middle ground wherever you can. Perhaps set a target *range* and not an exact number for a while to end the thought that strict adherence is essential.
  • chelle7870
    chelle7870 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused.... I welcomed the suggestion of eating more condiments and things... what did I say wrong??? did my response fall flat or sound condescending?? i am soooooo sorry.... i am looking for help and advice, i am not a mean person... i feel like i did something wrong by asking a question. i really am sorry if my response sounding off beat...

I'm stunned.... and hurt by that angry response..
  • Cranquistador
    Options

That's nice????

OP asked for advice.

OP was given advice.

OP showed how that advice could be used in their life and thanked the person who gave said advice.

???

OP is mean and nasty.
    right?
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options

That's nice????

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

No problem - my apologies to the OP & anyone else I offended.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I'm so confused.... I welcomed the suggestion of eating more condiments and things... what did I say wrong??? did my response fall flat or sound condescending?? i am soooooo sorry.... i am looking for help and advice, i am not a mean person... i feel like i did something wrong by asking a question. i really am sorry if my response sounding off beat...

meh...don't be hurt...brush it off.

Everyone sees it for what it was:flowerforyou:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Roids will do that to ya
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    tone of voice is everything.

OP meant
    "Thanks! :happy: That was great advice! :flowerforyou: "

and that person read:

":huh: Good Idea *roll eyeas*..Thanks...:grumble: THAT was great advice...*roll eyes*:

No, she was really saying thank you, as it WAS good advice.

Only someone really cynical who was having a sh!tty day would have seen it teh other way.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

You did nothing wrong.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options

Your response was fine - somebody misread it as being sarcastic - as you can see, others pointed out that it was a mistake on her part and she has now apologized.

Moving on......
  • chelle7870
    Options
    sagefaceash........ thank you for your suggestion... i agreed wholeheartedly with you.. please don't think I was being rude or nasty. I promise I wasn't...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

For the record, I don't think you did anything wrong. Neither does anyone else. The only anomaly in this whole ordeal is that one person who either horribly misread something you typed or is looking for a fight where there really shouldn't be one.

TL;DR - I'm as dumbfounded as you are. Don't let it get to you.

ETA: Ah, okay...I now understand how that person misinterpreted the tone of the post. I think we're all good here now.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options
    To be fair, that poster has now apologized - it may not be easily seen as is accidentally within a quote.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you aren't feeling hungry or tired then I don't see the point in forcing yourself to eat. I am generally at about 900-1100 calories. I am losing weight so I know I am not in starvation mode. I don't even know if I really believe in the whole starvation mode thing. If it IS a real thing I think you would have to be below like 500-600 calories a day to get there.

Eating below 1200 is not about "starvation mode," it's about getting to 100% on your nutrients: iron, calcium, vitamins and minerals without resorting to supplements. That is impossible to do on 900 calories.
  • KIPPINFIT
    KIPPINFIT Posts: 1
    Options
    OP needs to be left alone, sounding like a school playground now
  • chelle7870
    Options
    We're moving on now... everyone gave me awesome advice... I usually eat about 1000-1100 cals a day, but I will take the many suggestions that were given......:smile::flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile: :tongue: :happy: :flowerforyou: