I REALLY need a motivational friend

Options
Hi there. I'm 24 years old and have 40+lbs to loose. I've always been between 155lbs and 160lbs, then I fell pregnant and my weight sky rocketed to 205 (WHAT???). I'm now 187 and my goal weight is 145. I don't know how to do it, I need advice, help and most of all - motivation!! My son is 6months old and if he starts running around, I want to be able to do it with him without being exhausted after 5min. Any exercise I can do? How should I eat? I've never really been on a diet so I don't know. *TIA*

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal no higher than 1 lb. per week. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

Weight loss is not linear, so take photos & measurements, too.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Always happy to help out new starters. Feel free to message me any questions. My advice would be to start by simply logging EVERYTHING. Get into that habit. Every... thing... Then, you can accurately evaluated where to make changes. Start with small changes, like dropping soda pop, only getting a fancy coffee 1x per week, changing your breakfast, etc. Make those changes one by one, little by little. Stay the course. It will all add up!!!

Best exercise with a 6 month... start WALKING!! Daily, with the stroller. Get a step counter if you can (many phone apps can do it).
  • selyon86
    selyon86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have any perfect advice for you, but something that's kept me motivated is having friends on MFP. Having people acknowledge your hard work through likes really helps me, so I do it for other people, too. Feel free to add me so I can like all your progress.