Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred DVD question?

Options
Hey All,

I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD this evening :heart: and was wondering how to break the three levels up... Tell me what you think?

I was thinking, since there are 3 levels I should do 10 days of each level and move on to the next one?

or...

Mixed them up?

What do you think? 3 levels (each level harder than the next) for 30 days... :smile:

Replies

• welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When I was doing that I aimed for 10 days on each level.

The second level was the hardest for me! the first and third were much easier in comparison. I used to dance so I have strong legs and NO upper body/ arm strength.

If you get bored after 5-6 days it won't hurt to go up a level
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I finished day 6 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and I just can't imagine that I'm going to be ready to move up in 4 more days. There are still a few lunges and bicep curls that I have to fake my way through, lol. My arms must be really weak. But I'm aiming for 10 days per level.
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    im on day 6 and i say 10 days too ...lol...level one is still kicking my *kitten* so not sure how i will do with level 2 but im doing it
  • johnwhite1
    Options
    does anyone know how to record this in thier daily diary under exercise? Right now I list it as 20 minutes of circut training which gives me a reduction of 235 calories when I exercise but I'm not sure if this correct. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Honestly, take your time. There's no "law" saying you have to have the whole DVD completed in only 30 days. See how you feel and like she says take it to the next level when you FEEL ready. I did however go up to the next level when I hit day 10 on level one but I felt ready to take on the next challenge.
    Good Luck!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    does anyone know how to record this in thier daily diary under exercise? Right now I list it as 20 minutes of circut training which gives me a reduction of 235 calories when I exercise but I'm not sure if this correct. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    That sounds about right to me! I have a HRM to be more accurate but the numbers are pretty close.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think the recommended time for each level is 10 days. I am on Day 8 of Level 1 and I know I am not ready to move up to Level 2 in 2 days. I am still not able to hit every move fully so I don't feel confident to go to the next level. I'm guessing it will probably take me about 14 days for this level. I will move up when I feel strong enough. I would recommend that for you as well. Listen to your body. Good Luck!! :smile:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    The recommendation is 10 days per level, which is what I'm attempting to do (I just completed Day 5 Level 2 this morning -- halfway!). I think, like others have mentioned, it's ultimately up to you as far as how you break down each level and how many days you spend per level. Best wishes!

By the way, a group of us who have either already started or are getting ready to start this workout have a thread going, for motivation and support. Feel free to stop on by and join the discussion if you'd like! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153946-shreddin-eleven-week-three
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Yup, I totally agree with Fesse. Around day 8, I didn't think I'd be ready after only 10 days, but it turned out I was. It was part that I felt physically ready, and part I needed a change 'cuz I was tired of doing the same thing and hearing Jillian saying the same stuff.

I log it as Circuit Training as well. The calorie range that seems to come up with is around 200 cals if you weigh somewhere around 110 lbs and it records 344 for me weighing 284 lbs. That seems like a reasonable calorie number for the amount of exercise. Thirty minutes of straight running usually yields me around 700-800 calories and this workout is shorter and not all cardio.
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I did this video, I did 14 days on each level. I was so sore after the first day though, I had to take 2 days off! I was shredded. LOL!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are all fantastic. On request I recieved the dvd for chrissie as I wanted to start pushing myself a bit harder. So far I have managed only 2 days at a time of level 1 with a week break in between. I walk or bike or aquaerobics on other days. When I say level 1 it is tough for me. Very tough, but I enjoy giving it a go. I am 50 yrs old and weigh 108 kilos (238lbs). This week i will try and do 3 days. :) Bit by Bit, Step By Step, Crunch by Crunch I will catch up to you girls.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days, but I didn't do them in a row. I did it every other day last summer and it was really hard for me to get use to. I think giving my body rest helped me get through all the levels. Funny thing, is I started again today and about died in Level 1. I usually do the elliptical everyday, but trying to pick it up a bit to get the last 20 lbs off. I'm a teacher and it is easier for me to get more workouts in the summer, but I'm determined....so I'm adding it in 2-3 days per week. Hope you do great!!!
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Honestly, take your time. There's no "law" saying you have to have the whole DVD completed in only 30 days. See how you feel and like she says take it to the next level when you FEEL ready. I did however go up to the next level when I hit day 10 on level one but I felt ready to take on the next challenge.
    Good Luck!

Thank you! I want to challenge and push myself and COMPLETE this DVD in 30 days! I feel if I stagnate then I will get comfortable and NOT finish it! But I will indeed follow through with each level and when I'm comfortable I will take on the NEXT level
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I did this video, I did 14 days on each level. I was so sore after the first day though, I had to take 2 days off! I was shredded. LOL!

hahahah :laugh: HILARIOUS! I a cracking up so hard! You are too funny! ACTUALLY resting two days like that ONLY makes it harder the next time you get back to it!

oh yeah

hahahah that was a good laugh... My thighs burn! :laugh:
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I'm not doing mine everyday, but I planned on doing each level for 10 days as well. However, I did level 1 six times, and then I decided to move to level 2 and I've been doing that since. I'm only on day 9 or 10 I think, and I'll probably stay at level 2 until at least day 20 because I'm afraid of level 3! lol
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm not doing mine everyday, but I planned on doing each level for 10 days as well. However, I did level 1 six times, and then I decided to move to level 2 and I've been doing that since. I'm only on day 9 or 10 I think, and I'll probably stay at level 2 until at least day 20 because I'm afraid of level 3! lol

Me too, I think you need to do it in a way you can continue with it after a month. It's my favorite workout DVD although I am still on level 2, which I really enjoy! I moved up to level 3, much harder than level 2, so I went back down for a while!!! ( it really works on the inches, guess it's the combination of the cardio and resistance) I can't decide whether to have my skirts altered or sell them on consignment.