I wipe gym equipment down after others use it.

I always wipe down gym equipment, like bench's, with a moist towelette after someone else has used it and before I use it. Do you think this is an offensive thing to do?

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Nope, it is the sanitary thing to do.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    It's required at the gym I go to that you wipe down the equipment when you are done with the bottles of solution they have available to all members.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    I always wipe down gym equipment, like bench's, with a moist towelette after someone else has used it and before I use it. Do you think this is an offensive thing to do?

Who cares what anyone else thinks. Its just smart, I wipe everything before I use it......
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member

I always do it after I use equipment but have noticed no one else seems to, so it's probably a good thing to do.
  • HeyMae75
    HeyMae75 Posts: 18 Member
    No, not at all. People should be wiping it down when they are done, I do. But I have seen people walk off without doing it. So you can't always be sure if it was done before you or not. If it makes you comfortable to do it then do it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i lay a towel down on the machines or stations i use. i'm not cleaning a machine before i use it that's circling the drain to crazytown IMO
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Of course its offensive! If I go to all that work to make a puddle of sweat on the bench, you better sit in it! Some people...