Hit a plateau and feeling frustrated

Options
Hi I'm 36 and I lost 144 pounds with diet and exercise.I want to loose 15 more to get where I was before my divirce.Curious about anyone else that has hit a plateau and how and what did you do to break that barrier???

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient!

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try changing your diet up. I've switched to a low carb diet and I have not hit a Plateau since. Good luck!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I just have to say CONGRATS on the amazing loss! You're inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • IFBBRich
    IFBBRich Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What I use when I get close to a contest is carb cycling. One high carb day followed by one low carb day. As long as you are hitting your macros while doing so you will bust right through the plateau.
  • conjola82
    conjola82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well done on your loss to date. I am 32 and have also plateaued however I am the fittest I have ever been in my life so I try to focus on that. I have changed my training and try to avoid the scales until I can see results in photos and with measurements. Goodluck!
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau about a week ago when I never lost any weight for about 10 days, I managed to break it and lose 2lbs over night by doing cardio (30 mins of HIIT on the treadmill) on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning, having a tin of pineapples and a protein shake and not eating again until lunch, then doing my weight lifting routine in the evening and having dinner after that, and its worked a treat so far :)
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I find the only way I can break through those is to add some new exercise that is very different from what I have been doing. That often "shocks" my body and I seem to begin to drop again. Funny thing is, I don't take my own advice very often because I enjoy a few exercises (tennis primarily) and don't want to do others *LOL But when I add in something like biking (after not having done it for a while), the weight falls off
  • 8675309walker
    8675309walker Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I switched to low carb and even raised my calories from 1200 to 1500 daily and lost 20 more pounds in 2 months. I am now 137 with 12 more to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!