20 yro girl, 24lbs down- how to RE JUMP START weight loss!

Options
Hi everyone! - bare with me, i want to share as much info as I can with you.
This is my first time posting on any type of discussion board, so I'm hoping to get some feedback from people who have been where I am now.

Some background info- I am a 20 year old girl, 5'9 and my heaviest weight was around 230lbs.
I have been on diets since I was 13 and weight watchers did nothing for me. The most amount of weight I had ever lost was around 12lbs, and then I would get frustrated and binge eat my way back to my previous weight, sometimes gaining more than I lost in the first place.

So this past march of 2014 I buckled down and something clicked in my head, I was able to push past the 12lb mark and am now down 24lbs!!! While I am so happy, I am currently at 202lbs, which I havent weight in about 2 years, I see no physical difference, no one has noticed except for my parents and my best friend ( all of whom know I have been trying to lose weight). I am not going to get discouraged, I am just motivated to keep going until I see a difference in myself.

Now I have not lost any weight in 2 weeks, and the last time I lost anything it was just a pound.

My eating habits before weight loss consisted of fast food, fried food, lots and lots and lots of processed food ( bread, chips, TONS of candy and sugar) like an abnormal amount of unhealthy foods, im honestly not sure how I wasnt over 300lbs.

Since march, now 4 months in, my diet has consisted of :
fruits, steamed veggies, greek yogurt, grilled white meat chicken and white meat turkey, nuts and salads. If I do have any bread ( maybe once or twice a week) it is whole grain or a whole wheat english muffin with penut butter for breakfast. If I have any "fast" food" it is subway, I get whole grain bread with grilled chicken and veggies.

On occasion I eat out with my friends and try to go for health options, and once in a while I will treat myself to something sweet.
Nothing so extreme that it should be hindering weight loss. I go to the gym 3 times a week, do 25mins of cardio and about 30 minutes of strength training ( legs, arms, back, glutes).

With such an extreme change I didn't expect my weight loss to stop so fast. I understand that its more important that the number on the scale go down than for me to actually see the difference right now, but its very frustrating when I'm working so hard and I cant get under that 200lb mark. I want it so badly. please give advice on how to get past a plateu, or if theres any diet plans like keto or paleo that I should be trying because I am not very familiar with either.

Sorry for the long post- Dont hesitate to share anything that you know!
Thank you so much!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    We would be able to help you more if your diary was open. You mentioned the foods you eat, but honestly that doesn't matter if you aren't in a calorie deficit. You can eat whatever you want, be it "healthy" or "junk" and still lose weight, as long as you maintain the deficit. Do you weigh all of your solids with a food scale? Do you eat back your exercise calories? If you do, how do you calculate your calories burned? Lots of questions, but I promise you they're all important.
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump, pretty much same issue, but I'm 48 pounds down and stuck and mad!
  • jennetsullivan
    jennetsullivan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm commenting so I can see what other people say. I will say that I was working out regularly and watching what I ate (but not tracking) and I could NOT get the scale to budge. It was only once I started tracking EVERYTHING I put in my mouth (and not eating back my exercise calories) that I finally started to see the scale budge.

I'm currently eating about 80 calories above my resting metabolic weight on a daily basis, and losing a little over a pound a week. It's been AWESOME. One cheat day every 2 weeks (I still log everything ; I just purposely go OVER my calorie allotment to keep my body on it's toes) (and there is usually ice cream and/or cookies and/or cake on that day, haha).

So I don't know exactly how you've been doing it... I will say, GOOD FOR YOU and keep up the good work! I wish I would have done all this getting healthy thing in my early 20s before I had my babies. These stretch marks aren't going away :laugh: