Home exercise

Options
I do not plan on joining a gym for awhile, so what are some good effective things or videos I can do at home, I have the shred, I plan on picking it back up next week...but I know I will stop doing that at some point, I was looking for something a little more fun and a little less making me feel like im going to die...LOL :)

Replies

• mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same question here. I'd like some at home workout ideas
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    there are SO many options. check out collagevideo.com

if you have a Wii or xbox or the like there are several great "games" to play on there too! Just Dance 2 is amazing!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I do have a Wii, I have done the dance videos and they kick my butt :) I might have to try and do that, they have a Wii Zumba too but it doesnt get great reviews, anyone here have it and want to weight in on it?
  • beeckda
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and have tried the trial exercises and its confusing...it moves slow at 1st and then puts the other moves in real fast...i was lost with in seconds...lol...but with all the money I spent on it I am gonna give it another try. I like the walk away the pounds videos. Luv the Wii just dance. Tried P90X and I just might be the only one who says this....but I hate it. It has great reveiws tho. So maybe try the walking away the pounds...very easy. I listen t o my own music when working out to it.
  • meahrens
    Options
    I have the Wii Active...it's a great workout!!!
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    Jari Love is GREAT!!!!!!!!! I have her 4 pack and LOVE it. I do a bit of everything though. I also have 4 Jillian Michaels Dvd's, Tae Bo, P90X, Pilates and Yoga.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    P90X is the rage out there...but its a hard workout!...I recommend to do P90 ( Power 90 ) and work your way up to P90X if you like. Or search on youtube, for exercises...just depends what you're lookin' for...jump rope, jumpin' jacks, runnin' in place...whatever you chose and do best wishes xo
  • salto
    salto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of WATP. Leslie Sansone is a bit annoying, but I like the PP's idea of listening to music. WATP has many different levels and lengths of workouts. So you can fit short ones into your schedule or do longer ones when you have time. And they're easy to follow for those of us who are - um - less coordinated. I like that it incorporates hand weights to do an upper body workout in addition to the cardio.

I have Wii Fit, too, but haven't really gotten into it. It's fun, but it doesn't seem like much of a workout. I bought Just Dance 2 but haven't tried it yet. I didn't even think about using it for exercise. I bought it for a party activity.
  • bubbles079
    Options
    I have the Wii fit plus and I love it I challenge my self all the time I am not one who likes to sweat but I do get my heart rate up and I can change the work out when I get bored or am just having what I call a lazy day and don't want to push myself I can still get my hour of exercise in.I have health issues so some of the games are not good for me but I like the tennis its fun and I really get in to it I also like the boxing and free step and the free run I am not very coordinated so its hard for me to do the basic step but I'm working on it I have hottest house party 3 which is a dance game and I can't make it through the first level lol but I do try I also have a Gazelle which I do to especially sense I can do it while I'm half sleep and being lazy. I have heard a lot of good things on here about zumba but I need low impact exercise so I am afraid of doing it but I want to try it so maybe when I loose more weight I will ask the doctor about it.
  • tasmat
    tasmat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out P90 right now. There are also free podcasts out there - I recommend Pilates on Fifth (they have some quick 10 minute sessions and a 30min session full quick workout) and Yogamazing (cheesy yes, but these are quick 20-30min workouts usually focusing on something specific, LOVE the one for Abs.)

Good luck!
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I love weighted hula hoops! It's fast, but a great work out. I just turn on Hulu and get to hulaing! I couldn't hula hoop as a kid, but the weight makes it easy to keep up. Just takes a few days of practice. Start slow (a few minutes) and build yourself up to a 10-20 min. workout, or you might get bruises on your hips.

Here are a bunch of options:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=weighted+hula+hoop

I use the 4-lb. Acu Hoop with ridges:
    http://www.amazon.com/Weighted-Sports-Hula-Hoop-Weight/dp/B0018DG5D4
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As far as the Wii Zumba game:
    I have been regularly attending Zumba classes 3 x week since September. Love. Love. Love them. But again it's only three days a week. So I bit the bullet and bought the game. The graphics are horrible. Not realistic at all, unlike AE active. The "game play" is very cheesy, by doing the moves correctly your get a "bigger party" (A few more dancers to watch). All things I'm not at all concerned about.

That being said it's a great workout!! I would recommend attending a class or two first to "get the moves down". Because its got a latin "flava" the moves are somewhat hip dependent for lack of a better term. All in all I think its worth the price tag. I'm sweating by the end of it. My 20 minute workout burned about 200 calories this am (BodyMedia calculated).

Hope this helps!! I also have Wii fit plus, also fun but choppy, as you have to stop in between each activity. I do like the free step though. You can set the stepper to go, the WiiMote clicks to keep you in step but then you can change the video input to watch TV while you step.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I can't say this enough...Turbo Jam is my FAVE workout ever (well, anything by Chalene Johnson). It's cardio kickboxing with kick butt music that makes you want to shake it. So much fun!
  • Nikster68
    Options
    I'm with Amy_B on Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme anything w/ Chalene Johnson is a sure fire way to keep you motivated. athe results are AMAZING :smokin:
  • kim0913
    kim0913 Posts: 51
    Options
    I agree.......Turbo Jam is awesome!!! I have tried numerous ones such as the P90 and Slim in 6 but keep coming back to Turbo Jam. Hoping to get more of her videos soon!!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, there is a selection of workout videos that you can add to your instant queue. I've only done one of them, but it looks like there are definitely a bunch out there. Just something to consider :)
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam . Fat Blaster burns tons of calories. Found on Amazon for cheep.
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of videos but my favorite are The Firm (awesome for integrated weight loss) and Denise Austin. Both very good!
  • dana2011
    Options
    My husband and children LOVE moving to the Michael Jackson Experience. I have not tried it, though.
  • grumpz
    grumpz Posts: 30
    Options
    How about going for a walk & getting some fresh air? I'm surprised no one thought of something thats free, good for you and not in front of a TV :noway: