50lbs in 6 Months

Options
badwolf4
badwolf4 Posts: 49 Member
Hello,

So this isn't my final post here as I still have a fair amount of weight left to lose. 20-30lbs depending on who you ask! Haha :) Thank you mayancoh for prompting me to make this post.

This is me August 23rd, 2013. Now I know I said 6 months, but the pictures of me are so hard to find and this does the best representing my weight of 212lbs.

823133_zpse89b4aee.jpg

On January 21st, 2014 I made a decision to lose weight.

Here, on July 13th I'm still taking almost daily photos to document my progress, and this is from the 12th. I currently weigh 162.25!

0270b063-0623-4a1a-a2c3-3bd79aa4d4ee_zpsb7c576b6.jpg

Other than that I am unsure what to post here, but I'll happily answer any questions anyone has.

Thank you for reading/looking!

Replies

• fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look great!
  • Charwana
    Charwana Posts: 6
    Options
    What did you do to get the weight off? Did you do more cardio or strength training? How many calories did you eat/What was your calorie deficit?
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great!
  • zainabimam
    zainabimam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    congrats.... :) what are your key tips .... and how tall are you.. im 165 cm and 172lb but i look quite big then you do
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep it up :D
  • PaleoSha
    PaleoSha Posts: 4
    Options
    great job!!
  • sallyann10010
    sallyann10010 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi you look great, how many calories did you eat, as I'm struggling at the moment to loose any more weight.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great progress, my friend!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great effort congratulations!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. How tall are you?
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Are we twins (except you look slimmer)? I started Jan. 1st at 215lbs and as of July 1st (6 months!) had lost 50lbs (I've now lost another 4lbs, I weigh about 161 now haha).

Edit because I need to know how tall you are, too. I'm 5'4" and you look AMAZING (a lot more than me!).
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job mrs - you've done really well, and you look amazing! :)
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done you've done so well. I'm now at the family house for my week long leave and I'm already eating a lot. I hope I don't undo all my hard work.
  • badwolf4
    badwolf4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You guys are so sweet <3 Thank you all! I really appreciate the kind words and all the friend requests (I'm always looking for more support friends!)

I'm 5'9 (179.9 cm) for everyone's clarification :)

@pipertargarye that's amazing! Crazy we're so similar though, haha. You look drop dead gorgeous, by the way ;)

My goal calories per day has always been 1200. So, a deficit of 1,000. Now, I've done that before and gotten my metabolism into crazy danger, seen a lot of doctors, etc, but this time I figured out what worked for me:

1) fitbit. I got it December 25th and I've worn it daily since, it's so wonderful and totally worth the purchase. It does all of those crazy calculations real-time, so no stress that you are running 10 miles, but otherwise haven't moved from the couch. MFP's counts are fine, but their four setting activity level just doesn't do it for my day-to-day variability. I have the One, and wear it on my bra for accuracy/comfort just in case anyone's curious.

2) Diet. I have chronic headaches and frequent severe migraines. I've done all sorts of treatments and tests and yadayada. On my birthday though, I quit sugar. That has helped significantly! So in early February I quit meat, that helped as well. And in early March I dropped dairy. I still eat fish and egg whites. I've also quit diet soda. Not fake sweeteners completely, as something do require the help for palate, but it's greatly decreased my consumption. This was all in treatment of the head pain, but I can't imagine it hasn't helped me shed the weight! It's also helped me just generally feel so much better, healthier, and energetic.

3) Moderate exercise. I go on exercise binges, to be totally honest. I exercise every day for hours and hours and then I hurt myself and stop for a few weeks, then go back. Most recently, I took to walking all over my city. But I also have an excellent gym membership where my routine is: 30 minutes elliptical, then 3 circuits on their strength machines with 15 reps each. My arms on all but one machine take 20lbs, and my legs take 40lbs. So I'm really not the strongest, but I can do it, and that I'm damn proud of.

Key tips: Don't deprive yourself of your favorite treats, just count count count. I have so many "vegan" (easiest way to describe my diet so that unobssessed people understand) recipes that are just so delicious. I enjoy my food, and I never wanted to compromise. I don't eat out ever, but I encourage those who enjoy to do so.

They way I moderate my desire to binge is ritual(?). Basically, I only splurge on holidays, birthday, special days. Personally, my cheat food is diet soda.

@stacibuk Don't beat yourself up for eating, food is necessary for weight loss. If it's one weekend, then enjoy :) If you can, it's good to count those calories, even if the numbers turn red.

My go-to food: Smoothies. Whole Food's protein powder is amazingly nutritious and totally free of all the worrying stuff that keeps us away from the others. It's 80 calories a scoop, but 14grams of protein! Very filling. I keep a constant supply of greens (you really can't taste them!), frozen berries, and frozen/fresh bananas. I have the nutri-bullet as a 'blender'. It's incredible!

Gah, I could go on for hours and hours about all my tips and tricks and stuff I'm getting far too excited! I hope I answered everyone's questions, but I have one for you... should I work on a thread to post with all of my findings? I've done so many hours of research and personal experience, I'd love it to help others.

Thank you all again, I wasn't expecting so much encouragement. You guys made my day :)
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how different you look in 6 months. I'm inspired for sure. Seriously, no joke. What a reward for all your hard work.
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are very inspirational!! Thanks so much for sharing your tips--I have a fitbit and I love it. I will be taking your advise! :)
  • mayancoh
    mayancoh Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
    You should be so proud of yourself.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    you look great. well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!